Chapter 25

-Blaine Sam Brodriguez Point of View-

It was almost December, and christmas season started in the Philippines. I don't why but there was a weird tradition  in the Philippines we celebrate it in September. We call it bermonths. So, The Rocketeers helped me decorate my home with christmas lights.  

Then new year's eve came, mom invited all of my friends to celebrate it at home. 

"I really am sorry, Blaine." Liz sat down with me on the porch while we watch Kiko and Aisha were throwing leaves at each other.  Krissy and Annalyn were eating mango floats at the table.

"It's all right." I said as she sagged against me in relief. "We can get over what happened."

"Hey, I have the pictures of you and Rico."

"Huh?"

"I found them in my camera, you guys have a picture at the arcade when we fought. You guys are so sweet." She smiled. 

 I vanquished it from my lips as soon as she saw it.

"You are avoiding him, aren't you?" She asked.

"No."

"You are. And I think you should talk to him. I know you guys are in the same room but I knew he misses you a lot."

"Did he talk to you?"

"Yeah." She replied. "He won't stop, B. He cares so much about you."

Then I remembered I found candies from the Halloween event in my chair with a sorry note. I only told Rico to sit with me because I needed to finish all of the halloween cupcakes I've made. 

A lot happened as well. During Christmas party, I nearly fell the stairs and he caught me. We didn't talk that much for 2 months. I was afraid. He event chat me Merry Christmas and I awkwardly replied too.

I've never had someone who misses me a lot. Except my friends if I was going to Manila. But no one has ever miss me this bad. When I was back in my room, my heart was beating fast.

The sound of my heartbeat was like the sound of the poems I write. 
This life would always be messy and epic. And it never goes according to plan.
I had no idea what it has in store for me.

But if I had the chance to have the right love? I won't waste it.
I wouldn't just admire him. I would take care of him. Like how he takes care of me.

I fished out my phone. To surrender myself to what I fear most. 

I called Rico.

TO BE CONTINUED