Chapter 8

A few days passed and the M.I festival was over and then the family day came and it was fun because I was about to win 10,000 in bingo but there was something first.

 Too bad!Today is Liz's 15th birthday.

So I bought my gift as early as possible. Even if our friendship is this toxic. I choose to stay. Because I hope that he will change. I bought a blue blouse at Artwork. I was with Liz and Rico at the mall. Waiting for Eddie. They were still going to date.

"That's Eddie's fault" Liz complained.

"Just relax, Liz" Rico said. I was also surprised that he and Liz suddenly became close. After that incident, Liz forced me and Kenneth to have a turce with Eddie. Even if I don't like it. And I know Kenneth doesn't like it either.

 "That's ok. I'll take care of the cake later."

"Urrggh!  This is really bad!" Liz yelled.

"That's ok" Rico turned to me. "why, what happened?"

"It's because Eddie's mom. She said that he won't allow Eddie to go to the party."

 "Well, we're just going on a date!" Liz looked at me. "Maybe you should go first, Blaine. Rico will help me with the cake"

 At exactly 1pm, Rico texted me while I was in the jeep going to Liz's house.

 [That pest! It's a good thing I was there because if liz]-Rico [They fought]
[why did what happened?]-me
 [Because Liz just got angry.] - Rico

 I also called if Aisha and Kiko were coming later. Kiko refused because he and his family had a family dinner. So only Aisha will go later.

 "Blaine!" Edgar and Annalyn walked towards me when they saw me in front of Liz's house. The three of us talked until Liz also arrived. Her aura seems unhappy."Happy birthday Liz!" Annalyn greeted.

"Thank you!" She faked a smile. Liz took the gifts and placed them on the table.

She went up to her room. I thought about following her. I opened the door. She was sitting at her desk while fixing her make up. "knock, knock!"

 "Blaine."

"Are you okay?" I sat on the corner of her bed.

 She took her phone out and showed me that Yzza and Eddie were chatting. "Oh my God. He's been messaging her. Goes back months ago."

 "I'm fine" but a tear fell on his face. She closed her eyes. "It's my birthday. I want everything to be perfect."

 "Liz." I hugged her.
 Liz sniffled. "I mean, Eddie is a lying bastard. So, I won't be surprised if he cheats on me. Do you think I'll be okay?"

 "What do you mean?"

 Liz inhaled. "I feel like I'm always angry. Ever since dad left me. There's a heavy feeling in my heart. And all my exes, they made it worse. The anger is always there.And every day, it becomes heavier. I can't breathe sometimes."

 "You know you don't need to be strong in front of me." I said. "I'm your best friend. And this sucks." I thought about my sexuality too. "Sometimes it sucks to exist, you know. I just want to feel normal."

 "I know what you mean." She chuckled softly. "Thank you, Blaine."

 "See? You're smiling." I said. "Don't pay attention to Eddie. It's your birthday. Let's be happy!"

We went down and Aisha, Rico and our friends surprised us.

Aisha had a cake in her hand and suddenly Liz's aunt sang. I don't know but I really feel happy for Liz. Because everyone who loves him is here.

 After that, we ate. I saw Denver. Wait, why is he here? "Hi Blaine!"

 "Oh Denver? you're here?"

 "Of course! Liz is my cousin." He smiled at me. We ate at a table together. "I like your shirt.""Thanks."

"Where's Jian?" Liz complained at the back.

 "Let's go to jian's house," said Liz. He was just living three houses down the street. Denver and I arrived in front of Jian's house not that long.

Liz rang the doorbell and a woman came out. "Yes?"

"Is Jian there?" Liz asked

 "uhmm..oh by the way he's not here. He went out" the woman said. We left.

"Jian is online on Facebook" I called Denver and showed me his phone."He seems to be avoiding you."

 "yeah. It looks like he has a crush on me. I'm intrigued."

"We're leaving" Aisha said. I went with them.

"bye too Blaine" Denver said his good bye but I felt a cold presence. It was Jian. When Denver approached, I knew he was going to kiss my cheek.

Someone pulled me. And I just felt someone did kiss my cheek. I was too stunned to see it was Rico.

"Be careful." Rico said. I knew he was just pretending.When we were leaving Liz's house. I punched Rico in his arm."hey why did you do that?""

"He was being a creep to you." He said. "I need to save you."

 "But you don't have to kiss me on the cheek!"

 "Just say thank you." He grinned and headed first outside the subdivision.

I hissed  and I screamed."Damn you, Rico!!!"