My Little Secret

Vanessa POV

I rolled my eyes , & excused myself to join the party . It was packed & Lit as hell . I hated my mother in law but i had to admit she threw the best parties . "Lemon drop please ?" , I asked the bartender as i took a seat at the bar . He nodded before heading over to make my drink . Pulling out my phone i debated on calling my best friend to join me . Hell why not I thought to myself while clicking her contact .

Ashley : Hello ?
Vanessa : Hey boo what you doing ?
Ashley : Nothing bored !
Vanessa : Lisa is having a party you should come join me .
Ashley : Girl you do not have to tell me twice ! I'm already dressed i'll be there in 30 .

Just as i was hanging up with Ashley , my drink had arrived . Taking a sip of my drink i looked up to see Victoria dancing with her grandmother . I smirked at the sight before getting up to go find Candace . Making my way back inside the house I seen Sheldon on the couch feeding Essence.

"Hey , where's Candace ?" i asked causing him to look up at me .!

"Her & Thomas went to talk ."he replied staring at me . "Look i'm sorry about my mom earlier .. I talked to her it won't happen again."

I smirked , " It's all water under the bridge ." Before he could respond i walked off to go find Candace . Making my way out front by the guest house i saw Candace & Thomas talking . Tipping Toeing my way over to them i walked over to them .

"Thomas I love you & Essence baby i'm sorry !" , i overheard Candace say . I took a step closer to hear what she was apologizing for , getting closer i stepped on a branch . "Fuck"i yelled catching myself before i fell , causing them both to look back at me . Candace frowned up her face , causing me to roll my eyes .

"MOM !? what are you doing snooping !" My phone buzzed , taking my attention i ignored her seeing that Sheldon had texted me letting me know that the food was done , & ready to be served. Locking my phone i looked at my daughter , "Dinner is ready & we need to talk !!" She rolled her eyes before grabbing an annoyed Thomas hand . " We will talk after dinner !" , she said before walking off into the house . I followed behind them to start dinner . Walking back into the house everyone was already seated . We all had assigned seats at different tables , it was so many of us . My mother & law always did the most. The food looked amazing , we had a buffet full of good food . We had king crab , macaroni , baked beans , fried chicken , collard greens , corn , potatoes & caesar salad .

"Attention everyone , before we dig in i would like to make an announcement ." I rolled my eyes i wondered what she had planned , she was always on bullshit & i could tell by hers slurs she was already drunk. I saw Candace excuse herself with a half sleep Essence . I excused myself as well following her upstairs. Opening the door to the first bedroom , i seem a sleeping Essence & Candace packing her diaper bag.

"I can watch her , while you eat & have a drink ." I said to Candace while taking a seat on the bed . She looked up at me before shaking her head no . "I'm fine , we will be leaving soon right after dinner & we will take to go plates." I nodded my head before helping her finish up packing. I heard a loud crash causing me to stop what i was doing . Then i heard Sheldon yelling at someone . I jumped up to go see what the hell was going on , before i could leave Candace stopped me . "You stay here with Essence & i will see what's going on ."

Like | Comment | Vote 💕