Who Can I Trust

Candace POV
Once I figured out my mom was still in contact with Frank , I knew I could no longer live under the same roof as her .

Thomas and I decided to rent out a penthouse condo until we found a house . I sat on the large balcony sipping on a mimosa as I sat in deep thought .

I could hear the balcony door slide open , I didn't bother to turn around knowing it was Thomas from the smell of his Versace cologne he always wore . He took a seat next to me on the swinging bench , lighting a blunt he pulled from behind his ear .

He took a hard pull from the blunt while he stared off into space . He seemed to be in deep thought . I got up from the bench leaving him some time to himself . I walked down the hall to my daughters room .

She laid peacefully in her mini bed fast asleep . I gave her a peck on the cheek , and walked out before she woke up .

I had a second thought to go check on Thomas but decided against it . I went into the kitchen & pulled up everything I needed to make grits , bacon , french toast & fried eggs with watermelon on the side .

I called out to Alexa to play music and began cooking , some food would definitely lift Thomas's mood .

I finished cooking and made all of our plates with a side of apple juice . Like clockwork Thomas was coming down stairs with Essence in his arms. He sat Essence in her high chair & sat down himself .

He said his grace & began stuffing his face . I sat down & did the same drowning in my own thoughts . We sat in silence as we all ate our breakfast until our plates were empty.

"Get dressed , we're going out ." Thomas said kissing my forehead & heading back upstairs . I washed the dishes & got Essence & myself ready for the day .

We got in the car & Thomas sped off into the city going to our "surprise" day .

We ended up going shopping all over Miami and now we were at my favorite restaurant Oceania's .

"Welcome to Oceania how can I help you all ?" The host greeted us with a friendly smile .

Thomas : Table for two and a high chair .

The hostess directed us to follow her to our table. We took our seats & she handed us menus. "Your waitress will be here shortly , enjoy." She said walking away .

I didn't waste anytime looking at the menu I was starving & this was my favorite restaurant.

I ordered Essence chicken tenders & fries . I decided on salmon crab stuffed lasagna rolls , a blueberry lemon drop & a caesar salad . Thomas ordered lamb chops , Alfredo with a rum and coke .

Shortly after our drinks arrived with some Italian oil and bread .

" so are you going to tell me why you've been so distant ?" I asked Thomas as i chewed on a piece of bread .

He took a sip of his drink , before looking at me with a guilty look that he quickly replaced with unbothered but it was too late , I knew Thomas like the back of my hand .

" I'm dealing with family things , nothing I can't handle ."

Before I could respond the waitress was back with our food . That food looked amazing I immediately began to dig in , after saying my grace .

I looked up to see Thomas texting someone on his phone , not acknowledging his food .

"Are you gonna eat your food ?" I asked taking a sip of my drink .

"I'm sorry baby , something came up I have some business to handle let's take it to go ."

I frowned rolling my eyes he was acting distant lately & when we finally get a night out he ends it . I was upset but decided not to make a scene in public . The waitress came back with to go boxes , we packed our food and left .

When I got home I closed the door and made sure the alarm was on before heading upstairs to shower .

I lathered up my sponge and began to wash today off of me , and thought about Thomas's and I relationship . I knew my fiancé and he was definitely hiding something , I just couldn't put my finger on it . You know what they say though what's done in the dark always surfaces to the light .