The First Obstacle? The Giant Whale Laboon Appears!

"BWHAAH!"

As the Merry speed down the Reverse Mountain, heading to the Grand Line, Aya, L and Zoro heard a low deep noise that sounded like it was coming up ahead.

"Do you guys hear something?" Aya frowned.

"Huh? What's that?" Nami spoke.

"That groaning sound, didn't you hear it?" Zoro asked.

"It was probably just the wind. At this speed, everything sounds distorted!" Nami told them. Usopp looked through his goggles and spotted something large and dark on the path ahead.

"What's that?" Usopp murmured. "BWAAH!"

"Nami! I see a mountain up ahead!" Sanji shouted, seeing it as well.

"What? That's impossible!" Nami shouted.

"But it's right there! I can see it!" Sanji exclaimed. The rest of the straw hats saw it as well, getting closer and closer as the ship continued speeding up.

"Who cares! Go!" Luffy grinned.

"But there should be nothing but ocean up ahead!" Nami shouted at him.

"What is it?!" Zoro cried out.

"IT'S A WHALE!" Usopp cried out. At the end of the canal, was a large black whale with large scar etchedacross itsit's head. Its head stretched up from out of the water, almost reaching the sky. They were heading straight into it!

"What are we gonna do?!" Usopp shouted.

"Should we fight it?" Luffy suggested.

"How are we gonna fight a hundred-ton whale?!" Nami shouted at him.

"Calm down! If this creature looks like a giant to us, then we must look like a speck." Sanji replied.

"That's right. It's entirely possible that this thing isn't aware that we're here!" Nami shouted.

"We're gonna run right into it unless we change course! Look! We can get by on the left!" Zoro pointed out. At the whale's left there was a small opening big enough for the ship to get around. "Port! Hard to port!"

"The rudder's broken! In case you've forgotten!" Usopp shouted.

"Do something!" Zoro shouted. He jumped down, along with Sanji, landing on the deck, running to help the sniper steer the ship. Aya and L quickly jumped down to help them as well.

"Wait I know!" Luffy grinned and stood up. He ran past Nami and Ichi, heading into the crew quarters.

"Luffy! What are you doing!?" Nami shouted.

"We're gonna crash!" Ichi cried out, panicking. Zoro, Sanji, L, Usopp and Aya all tried to get the ship to turn, as they pulled back on the broken rudder.

"This is pointless! The ship's not going to turn!" L shouted.

"Damn it! Don't give up!" Sanji shouted. Nami's eyes widen in horror and dread. She couldn't move as she felt her feet completely froze in place as she saw the ship about to crash into the large mammal.

"Is this the end?" Suddenly, a loud boom was heard as the cannon fired from the ship, hitting the whale. Nami fell back landing

"THE CANNON?!" Everyone cried out. Their mouths dropped in shock.

"That should slow it down." Luffy chuckled. The ship began to drift slower until the figurehead tapped against the creature. It snapped off, almost crushing Nami as it flew over her, falling onto the deck, inches away from the navigator. Luffy cried out as soon as he saw it smash in front of him.