The Seaside Cliff

A Bertholdt x Annie Story Post Manga

Don't read if you haven't finished the manga!

🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨🖨

"Do you ever dream about Porco?" Annie asked one morning.

The 2 had just sat down for breakfast in the house they shared together in the rebuilt Libero.

"Yeah, usually it's just memories, good and bad, sometimes it's a cruel glimpse of what could have been" Pieck said taking a sip of her coffee.

"Has he ever...talked you in your dreams, like his soul or ghost is trying to communicate with you" Annie pressed.

Pieck frowned a bit. Annie was worried she had struck a nerve. Brought up something she wasn't ready to talk about.

It had only been 4 years since Porco had died. Letting himself be devoured by Falco to save his life, or at the time at least extend it. It was in that moment that Pieck had known that they truly were just pawns in Zeke and Eren's game.

Even though Bertholdt had died almost 8 years ago, Annie only found out when she was released from her crystal case. For her it was only 4 years, and she never had a chance to process it until after the war.

"I don't really believe in ghosts Annie" Pieck said quietly.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you"

"It's ok, I'm not upset with you, just sad at the whole situation. With how hostile things are becoming on Paradis, it feels like Porco died for nothing" Pieck said. "Sometimes it's hard to look at Falco, cause even though the Jaw Titan is gone, I can still see a bit of Porco in him"

"Yeah I understand, I saw part of Bertholdt in Armin. I think it's why I got so protective of him"

"It's probably why he was so drawn to you, until his lost Bertholdt's memories, now he's met that nice girl who works at the bookshop. I think Niccolo introduced them"

"Oh you mean Eliza. Her sister is dating Niccolo isn't he?" Annie asked

"Mmhmm"

"I'm happy for him" said Annie. She had always felt a pang of guilt when it came to Armin. She never felt anything other than friendship, and was relieved when his fascination with her ended after the war.

They finished their breakfast in silence. Pieck reading the newspaper, Annie starting out the window.

************************************

"I'm off the to the Galliards, to help Martha with some chores" Pieck said, putting on her jacket.

"See ya later" Annie said as she washed the dishes.

Pieck went to the Galliards a lot after the war. It was incredible hard on the Martha and Andy losing their other son.

"We sent them both to Paradis to never come home" she remembered their mother saying. "They couldn't even bring their bodies home"

Annie felt pit in her stomach, thinking back on how many sons and daughters she snatched away. Thinking of Connie, who was now dead because of her.