The Wedding Singer (Reiner x Bertholdt) Part 2

A couple of months had passed since Reiner and Historia married.

Historia was out with her friend Ymir, he went out with her a lot. It didn't bother him much, it took some pressure off him. So with an evening free he decided to head out.

A few hours later he was standing in the back of a darkened club. He was excited to see Bertholdt again.

The club owner stepped on the stage. "Tonight for our main act we have Devil Fruit"

Reiner could help the smile that came ok his face as Bertholdt stepped on stage with his dark jeans, a plain white shirt, and stripped cardigan.

"He looks good...that ex of his was very lucky" Reiner thought.

After a brief introduction, the drummer counted them off, and music pulsed into Reiner's ears.

****************************************

In between songs Bertholdt could have sworn he saw a familiar face in the crowd. It had been a few months, but a handsome face like Reiners was hard to forget.

After the set, Bertholdt made his way through the club, saying hi to friends and fans. He looked everywhere but couldn't find Reiner.

His heart sank a bit.

"I hope he enjoyed the show" he mumbled, heading back to break down the equipment.

************2 years later******************

Reiner was exhausted. He left the lawyers office just wanting to get home.

It wasn't like the divorce was messy or filled with anger. Just tedious, but his mom was upset. Chastising him over his failed marriage.

But in Historia and Reiner's minds it was like a weight being lifted.

Reiner decided to stop in a local coffee shop for a pick me up. He had papers to grade, and parents to email so a caffeine boost would help.

He stood by the counter waiting for his drink.

"Reiner??"

The familiar voice gave Reiner a warm feeling in his chest.

"Bertholdt!" He reached out to hug him. "It's been too long"

Reiner felt his heart race being in Bertholdt's embrace.

"Sorry if I look like hell, just got off work." Bertholdt said. His eyes looked a bit tired. But Reiner had to admit, the scrubs looked kinda good on his tall frame.

"Trust me I know the feeling, as soon as I got off work I had to go straight to the lawyer's office"

"Lawyer what kind of trouble did you get into?" Bertholdt asked with a laugh.

"I'm getting a divorce"

******************************************
The two found a table and sat down.

"I'm sorry to hear about your divorce." Bertholdt said. "I know that can't be easy"

"To be honest, it's kind of a relief."

Bertholdt gave him a confused look.

Reiner laughed. "Turns out Historia didn't want to marry me either. Funny enough she's not into most guys. She made the first move though. Told me how sorry she was, but I was finally able to tell her who I really am. It was freeing for both of us. Her dad wasn't thrilled though".

Bertholdt relaxed a bit.

"Her friend Ymir, turns out is more than a friend...but don't worry she didn't have an affair. It's why she asked for the divorce. To follow her heart and so I can follow mine"

"I'm glad you two have been able to be yourselves and not 'grinning and bearing it until one of y'all died', be a shame if you were gone"

Reiner felt his face flush.

"So I see the nursing thing worked out?"

"Yeah I work in cardiovascular unit over at the local hospital"

"I also see your band's gotten a bit bigger." Reiner said.

"You still follow us?!" Bertholdt said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, funny enough...a few months after my wedding. I went to one of your shows, at the Cigar Room, you guys were great"

Bertholdt slapped his hand on the table. "I knew it was you. I saw you in the crowd, but was disappointed that I couldn't find you afterwards"

Bertholdt left his hand on the table. "I wish you had stuck around"

Reiner looked at Bertholdt's hand. "I was honestly scared too. Since my wedding, I-I couldn't stop thinking about you, and look I get it your into women but, I think meeting you was fate"

"Gah that was so f*cking corny" he thought.

"Well...you're half right" Bertholdt laughed. "I'm into women, but I'm also into guys too"

Reiners eyes went wide and he blushed.

"And I haven't been able to get you out of my mind since your wedding either. That's why I was so happy to see you at the Cigar bar that night, or got excited whenever I saw you liked or commented on one of our bands posts"

Reiner placed his hand over Bertholdt. "Would you like to have dinner sometime?"

Bertholdt smiled, intertwining his fingers with Reiners.

"Yeah...I'd like that"

**************4 years later*****************

"Reiner!!!" Historia threw her arms around Reiner. "I am so thrilled for you, and you too Bertholdt"

"I'm so glad you could be a part of this Historia... where's the misses?"

Historia giggled, "at the bar, getting us drinks"

"We are really happy that you both are here" Bertholdt said with a smile. "You look beautiful, it's a good thing Reiner put you in charge of the wedding party attire"

"Well what kind of best lady would I be if you two didn't look amazing on your big day. Of course the ladies had to look good too"

"And boy does she" said Ymir handing her wife a glass of Chardonnay.

Historia lifted her glass. "To us finding out true selves and happiness"

********************************************
"If everyone would please clear the dance floor, it's times for the couples first dance"

Bertholdt led Reiner to the dance floor.

"Now as a wedding gift Bertholdt recorded their first dance song, as a gift to his husband" the DJ said.

"You recorded our song" Reiner said with a warm smile.

"Well I am the wedding singer after all"