Show Stopper: Can I ask a favor? (Jean x Marcos)

Marco hadn't been back to the dance building since the "eye" incident.

It had been 3 days since then, and Marco knew he couldn't keep hanging out in the school nurse's office during his English class.

He nearly sprinted from his musical composition class to be the first one to English. He managed to be one of the first to the class, sat down and out his head down, pretending to be asleep.

While "sleeping" he was thinking about winter showcase. A charity fundraising event hosted by the student council to benefit Toys for Tots. Marco had signed up but was still at a loss at what he wanted to sing. He wanted to write his on song, but was at a loss, until he would remember Jean's dancing.

"Marco's out like a light" Mina teased as she walked past.

"Must've had a late night"

Marco's heart started beating hearing Jean's voice.

The bell rang.

"Mr. Bodt if I can't sleep neither can you" Mr. Dok said as he closed the classroom door.

"Now let's continue on with our discussion of chapter 6 of Animal Farm"

***********************************************
Jean was barley listening to Mr. Dok as he went on about evil pigs or something.

He was staring at the mess of black hair sitting in the front row. He had been trying to get a chance to talk to him since he saw him looking in on his dance class.

Jean knew his name was Marco Bodt. He was a sophomore, and his concentration was music composition with a focus in vocal performance.

"I think he's in the school choir and show choir" Miaksa has mentioned to him at lunch that day.

That night he had gone home and looked through his yearbook, and found him.

He tried to find him on instagram but found his account was set to private, much to his disappointment.

Jean kept staring at the back of his head, imagine the face from the yearbook photo.

"I wonder why he chose music? If he plays any instruments? What his favorite song was?"

"Mr. Kirschtein" Mr. Dok. "If your done analyzing the back of Marco's head, would you care to join in with the class discussion"

Jean felt his face go hot as the class giggled, and Marco turned around.

It was the second time the pair had locked eyes.

********************************************
The bell rang and Jean was determined to catch up to Marco.

"Jean, a word"

His chance of catching Marco in the hall slipped away, as Mr. Dok scolded him for not paying attention in class.

*********************************************
After school Marco's adrenaline was still riding high.

He was on his way to choir practice when his buddy Bertholdt caught up with him. Causing him to jump as he clapped a hand on his shoulder.

"Geez what's got you so wound up?"

"Bert can I ask you something?"

"What's up?"

"What does it mean when a straight guy stares at the back of your head?"

"What?" Bertholdt looked confused.

"Like before you got together with Annie, like did you stare at her?"

"Yes...I mean no...not like in a weird Edward Cullen kinda way, but yeah I would try to get glances at her in class and such. What's this got to do with straight guys"

"Uh...."

Bertholdt stopped Marco, pulling him aside.

"So who is it?"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Come on you can't bullsh*t me, you won't even look me in the eye, dude you can trust me. I kept your secret before you came out didn't I. I'm your friend."

Marco swallowed. "His name is Jean."

"The dancer guy?"

Marco nodded, looking at his feet.

"He's a good looking guy, bit up his own a** sometimes but overall he's a nice guy"

The pair continuing walking.

"How do you know him?" Marco asked.

"He lives in my neighborhood, and we have some mutual friends plus Pieck dances too so she knows him pretty well"

"Well too bad he's straight" Marco said with a sad laugh.

"Who said he was straight?"

Marco raised an eyebrow.

Bertholdt pulled out his phone, and pulled up Jean's instagram account. He tapped a picture.

It was Jean at the beach, holding a bi-sexual flag.

No better place than the summer family beach trip to tell my family and you all...I'm bi 🏳️‍🌈

#dontlikeitgetoverit #bipride #out #nobiflagemoji

******************************************
After choir concluded, Marco stayed behind to talk to his music composition teacher.

"Mr. Ackerman, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"What's on your mind?"

"I'm having trouble with writing. I want to perform my own music for the showcase but I'm kinda stuck" Marco said.

"We've all been there. The best piece of advice I can give you is to write from the heart. Which I know sounds corny. But some of my best music was written just by listening to what my heart was being drawn too. One of the best pieces of music I wrote was when I was about to marry Hange, Mrs. Ackerman. I just sat at the piano, and just let myself feel all the emotions I was feeling about marrying her, so maybe just sit at the piano and just let your heart and mind wonder"

"Thanks Mr. Ackerman"

"Best of luck Marco"

Marco head out of the door of the choir room, and immediately came face-to-face with Jean.

"Hi, um sorry to just appear out of nowhere. I'm Jean Kirschtein. We have English together"

"Yeah you um were staring at the back of my head today", Marco said with a small laugh.

"Um yeah sorry about that, I just was admiring your...hair cut"

Marco laughed. "I'm Marco Bodt"

The pair shook hands.

"So I know your a music student, I was wondering if...."

Marco's heart was pounding.

"Write me a piece to dance to for the showcase?"