An Unexpected Delivery (Eren x Mikasa)

TW: mentions of blood and child birth

Eren's inner thoughts.
"They say that time stops when you meet the one you love"

When I met Mikasa, at the freshman orientation, it truly felt like time froze. Nothing else mattered, just her.

9 years later.

Friday night in the Jeager house, 8:30pm.

It was a quite Friday evening in Eren and Mikasa's home. With being 9 months pregnant, Mikasa Jeager didn't want to take any chances. She had a binder with her birth plan that her friend Sasha had helped her put together, the go bag had been packed since her 3rd month.

Mikasa was exhausted. She has just had her last day at work, before going on maternity leave. It was stressful for her, to leave all her work projects to her team. Not that she didn't trust them, Jean and Mina were capable architects, but she worries about her more junior colleague Louise, who was fresh outta college.

When had returned home, Eren already had a hot mug of caffeine free stomach ease tea ready for her, unlike her friend Sasha, her morning sickness still stuck with her, but not as bad.

The two were now cuddled on the couch, Mikasa laying in between Eren's legs, basking in his warm embrace, and enjoying the feeling of his warm hands rubbing her extremely pregnant belly. Their black and white cat Oreo laid at her feet.

"She's pretty feisty tonight", Eren murmured into Mikasa's ear.

Eren was right. The baby had been kicking around all day, making it feel like she had a belly full of marbles.

She had been experiencing contractions most of the day but they were far apart so Mikasa didn't worry, her due date was 2 weeks away.

She was finally about to dose off when she felt a sudden gush, and felt like she had just had water dumped on her lamp.

Immediately after that she felt an instant and incredibly painful contraction.

Mikasa cried out in pain....reaching down under the blanket.

"Eren....my water just broke!!!", said Mikasa sitting up her adrenaline starting to go.

"Are you sure??" "Maybe you just peed yourself, like you did that time at Starbucks"

"Eren!!!!"

"Sorry, I'll get the go bag!" Eren got up in a hurry heading towards the hall closet.

"Don't forget the binder!!", Mikasa yelled out as another contraction hit. The contractions were coming pretty quick. She remembered Sasha had been in labor for 18 hours before she had an emergency C-section, Connie had nearly fainted.

"There's no way this baby is coming within the next hour" she reassured herself.

As Mikasa waddled towards the car, now in come dry pants, she heard Eren on the phone with their neighbor about feeding their cat and such.

Eren got in the car, and off to the hospital they headed.

Another contraction hit Mikasa, she normally had a high pain tolerance but this was a whole new level. "Eeeerrrrehhh" she cried out reaching for his hand and squeezing as hard as she could.

"Ahhhh Mikasa my hand!!!!" Eren yelled out, truly worried that she might have broken his hand, but Mikasa had a vice grip on it.

Good thing they were heading to a hospital.

Or at least they were.

As soon as they hit the main highway, the glow of red brake lights illuminated the car.