A Magical Engagement Party

Hange and Nanaba were happy to have the same planning period.

It was nice to have a mid morning break before they both were on lunch duty.

Nanaba was sipping her 3rd cup of coffee out a mug with her & Mike's dog on it. A Christmas present from Hange.

"So have you told Levi about the engagement party this Saturday?", Nanaba asked with a coy smile.

Hange looked up from the biology quizzes she was grading.

"Yeah of course I have." she said with some hesitation.

"So how did he react?"

"He was totally fine with it", Hange said with a nervous laugh.

Nanaba cocked her eyebrow...."Fine with it, that doesn't sound like Levi...have you told him about the party theme?"

Hange lifted her eyes to Nanaba's with a mischievous grin, "well I may have left that part out. You know a fun surprise".

"Because we all know Levi loves surprises", Nanaba said laughing.

The bell rung signaling the ending of 4th period and the begin of first lunch for some students and 5th period for others.

"So what just gonna wait and tell him last minute", Nanaba asked as they walked towards the cafeteria.

"Pretty much, it was that or sedate him....Jeager stop running!!"

****Saturday late afternoon****

Hange stepped out of the shower and put on a Trost field hockey shirt and some pj shorts, and started to work on her hair. As she was running the blow dryer through her thick brown hair, her husband came in, sweaty from his Saturday pick up soccer games he played in every weekend.

"Have fun today sweethear?" Hange as she shut off her blow dryer.

"Yeah almost had a hat trick, but Farlan ruined that for me", Levi said peeling his shirt off. "Shower free?"

"All yours babe"

"Babe???, what's gotten into you Hang", he asked laughing.

"What I can't use pet names with my husband?" She asked.

"Just not like you to call me babe," he said laughing as he stepped into their bathroom.

Hange heard the shower running, and knew that now was the time. She finished up her hair into a French braid and went to their closet. She moved the box of field hockey sweatshirts she had behind hiding the costumes behind and got them out.

***in the shower***

Most of the time Levi took quick showers, but he was a bit sore today after a fun night with Hange, she had been extra last night.

But as she shampooed his dark black hair he began to think. Hange was always good a spoiling him. But this week she had been really laying it on thick this week, now calling home "babe".

It just confirmed his suspicions, something was up. He had a bad feeling about this engagement party they were going to. It was for Hange's roommate she had a Clemson, Tabby.

Tabby was a really nice person. But if you looked up eccentric and quirky in the dictionary, there would be her picture. She was an active member in all her fandoms...but there was always one fandom that she was, in Levi's opinion just a little too much into at this age.

He heard a knock on the bathroom door, "Levi in laid you clothes for the party out on the bed".

"Thanks four-eyes", he called out.

Levi was finishing up washing his face. "She laid my clothes out" he muttered to himself.

***Kitchen****

Hange was already dressed. She had frowned a bit in the mirror when she had looked. The costume reminded her a bit too much of her days back in her snooty private school in high school. Even the tie colors were too close to her school's. But she added the cloak and the memories went away.

She heard the shower turn off, and she braced for impact.

"HANGE!!!!"

"Yes dear....." she said trying to stifle a laugh.

He marched into the kitchen, towel still around his waste, holding up his "outfit" for the night.

"Is this a joke???" Levi asked, stunned. "Look I know Tabby and Dan are really into Harry Potter, but come on, this is an engagement party not a 11 year-old's birthday party".

"Well Levi...it is their engagement party." Hange said shrugging her shoulders. "I mean we had some Lord of the Rings influences in our wedding."

"Yeah influences, but I didn't make people dress up as hobbits!" He exclaimed.

"Please Levi, it's just one night?" Hange said

"How much were these costumes and who am I suppose to be?" Levi asked.

"Well Dan put in 15% for everyone's costume, so really not that much it was within our budget". Hange said trying to soften to situation.

"That's right", Levi thought to himself, Dan came from a pretty wealthy family, and he had a pretty good paying job".

"Hang why did you hide this from me?", Levi asked as he laid the Hogwarts uniform on the kitchen island.

"I knew you would resist and I would have to drag you kicking and screaming" Hange said with a chuckle. "But I am sorry if I hurt you by not telling you the whole truth. Personally I think it's a bit silly myself, but Tabby was their for me through really hard times at school and is still a good friend"

"Yeah I'll admit I'm a bit peeved that you lied, but apology accepted". Levi said calmly.

"Plus I'll do that thing you like", she said with a wink.

Levi perked up, "well I better go get dressed then".

"When your hair is dry I will draw your scar on"

Levi turned on his heel. "I have to be Harry Potter!?!?"

***an hour later***

Fully dressed, Hange in her Ravenclaw uniform, Tabby had sorted all the guests into houses before hand, and Levi as Harry Potter, they bid farewell to Sawney and Bean and walked out the door.

"Oh right I forgot", Hange dug into her purse. "Our wands"

"Oh dear lord." Levi said rolling his eyes.

"You guys know Halloween isn't until next month right??", Mr. Schultz called from next door.

Levi looked over in time to see in of his students, Gunther, snapping pictures on his phone, he groaned.

"Would you believe me if I said it was an engagement party", Hange said back laughing.

"Coach Hange, What kind of engagement party would have y'all dressed like Harry Potter characters?", Gunther, now sending the pictures to all of his friends.

Levi was now dreading Monday.

"The bride and groom are big Potterheads, so here we are", Hange answered with a smile.

After about 30 minute drive, they were pulling up to the venue for the party.

Hange and Levi got out of the car. Before they headed to the entrance of the party, Hange pulled Levi into a warm hug. "Levi, thank you for doing this love". She whispered in his ear. Then she kissed him on the cheek.

Levi couldn't help but smile, even if he thought this whole thing was incredibly silly, he would do anything for beloved Hange.

"Oh by the way the password to enter is Scamader, and you must have your wand at the ready in case someone wants to duel you".

Levi shook his head, if this was the engagement party, he was dreading what the wedding would be like.

*note this is just a funny story I came up with, not trying to attack any HP fans here*