We Are Revolting: Winter Blues

Got some inspiration for this from a mix of Spring Awakening, Kinky Boots, and the Revolting Children from the musical Matilda, and the manga Thigh High

Winter had come to Trost. Snow flurries were in the air. The kids enjoyed playing the the streets, their adults enjoyed the winter scenery in the forests.

Yet there was one group that hated winter.

The female students of Trost Preparatory School. Trost's coed boarding school that served students grades 7-12. Known for academic excellence, top athletics, and strict rules.

Under those strict rules was the infamous dress code. For the boys khaki shorts in the summer with short collared shirts, and in the winter. The shorts turned to pants, and a sweater vest and blazer was added. Now for the winter the was great, the boys of Trost stayed nice a warm.

However the girls weren't so lucky. Year round they had to wear a knee length plaid skirts. The only change in the winter were the sweaters & thin tights, who were not up to the task of keeping those poor legs warm. The handbook made it clear, girls were not permitted to wear pants. When the ladies of Trost Prep asked for an explanation they got some garble about "young ladies and time honored traditions".

"It's a load of bullsh*t if you ask me", said Ymir as she and Historia crossed the grounds from senior high dorms to the high school. All Historia could do was chatter her teeth in response.

"Historia!!.....hey wait up!", called out a voice.

Ymir rolled her eyes, Reiner she thought with annoyance.

"Here take my coat it's so cold out" Reiner handed his jacket to Historia.

"T-t-thanks R-R-Reiner", Historia said as the blazer swallowed Historia.

Ymir scowled at Reiner as she put on his navy jacket. But in reality she was more upset that Historia had to take his coat in the first place.

"I don't see why the school doesn't let girls wear pants at this point?" said Bertholdt as he caught up to the trio. "I mean it's 845 and they act like we are living in 720, no wonder Annie gets sick this time of year".

"Where is Annie? You two have first period together right?, asked Ymir as the hurried to the school.

"Infirmary, she's got a bad cold"

********************

Nifa groaned, not only did she hate algebra II first thing in the morning, Mr. Dok was boring, and his room was ice cold in the winter. Her black tights weren't doing anything against the draft.

So not only she cold, she was sleepy too.

The bell was about to ring as students quickly hurried in the classroom.

Nifa looked an Petra with envy, as she already had Oluo's blazer tuck over her arm. She sat down next to Nifa and draped the blazer over her legs.

"Must be nice to have a boyfriend to give you a make shift blanket"

"If I could make this jacket bigger I would", Petra said sympathetically.

"Alright class, settle down and take out your text books and turn to page 145", Mr. Dok began class.

Suddenly Nifa felt a tap on her shoulder.

She turned around to see a shy looking Moblit handing her his blazer.

"Here....you look cold" he whispered.

Nifa smiled and felt her cheeks flush. She took the jacket and draped it over her legs. Feeling instantly better.

"Thanks Moblit", she whispered. Petra looked over at her a winked trying to hide a giggle.

"Ms. Ral & Ms. Anderson maybe you too would like to tell jokes in detention, 1 demerit each"

*****************

The snow had began to fall around lunch time. The students of the junior high were in the dining hall, enjoying the warmth from the cold, and glad that hot soup was on the menu.

Falco and Udo sat down at an empty table waiting for their friends to join.

"Kaya wasn't in English class today", Udo said straightening his glasses.

"Yeah heard from Gabi she's down with a bad cold"

"It's because of these stupid dress code rules, I swear this place is like a prison" Gabi said loudly as she plopped down next to Falco.

"Ms. Braun please keep your voice down!" Mr. Magath warned her. "2 demerits"

"How many is that now Gabi, 4 today?" asked Zofia with a coy smile.

"Sorry not everyone is Ms. Perfect", said Gabi taking a bite of bread.

"Oh great it's snowing again", Zofia grumbled.

"I like the snow" said Falco. "Colt and I like to have snow ball fights with Poroc and Marcel, makes my mom mad though, I ruin my shoes"

"Easy for you to say. You get to wear pants", Gabi said.

"And a sweat vest and blazer, this sweater doesn't look as warm as it is" Zofia chimed in.

***********************

"Oluo said I would find you here, which honestly is a surprise", Gunther plopped down in the chair next to his roommate.

"Whatcha doing here anyways, you and libraries don't seem to mix"

"Research", said Eld, finally letting blonde hair down. Eld had refused to cut it, and as long as he kept it up he was allowed to keep it.

"Your researching the school handbook?"

"Because there is a great injustice going on at this school Gunther and I wanna stage a protest"

"With signs and sh*t?"

"No, no, no, that's too simple" Eld said. "Aha I thought so!!"

"It's a little late for you too to be hitting the books isn't it", Ms. Magnolia joined them at their table.

"Thanks for meeting me here Ms. Magnolia, so I've looked in the handbook and you can look for yourself"

Eld slid the handbook over to the young English teacher.

"Well then....you round up the boys and I'll round up the skirts"

Gunther got a sinking feeling in his stomach.

To be continued....