Just a Little Bit Longer

Inspired by this amazing fan art by https://instagram.com/thenugrawesome?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON 4

🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔📡📡🍔📡📡📡📡📡📡📡📡📡📡📡🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔

Jean was exhausted, mentally and physically. The operation in Libero in his mind was a failure. Sure they got Eren back and destroyed their port, but at what cost.

8 scouts died.

Sasha had died. Bleeding out on the airship, with Connie begging her to stay. Jean's heart froze, and time seemed to stop when Connie utter those dreadful words "Sasha's...dead". Hearing the screams and cries of Armin and Mikasa. The look of shock and sadness on Commander Hange's face. Levi silent, and Eren who laughed. It was spooky it was like a deranged man who's last bit of sanity had left him. Jean had almost killed 2 kids. Even know he wasn't so sure that he wasn't going to go to the prison cell and kill that brat.

But he had to remind himself. Nothing good would come of it. He also knew a certain someone up above would be so upset with him killing a kid. Probably looking for revenge. As the scouts had just destroyed her home, brainwashed by the Marley military. Hell she probably just fired into the crowd. She could got have hit anyone in the group.

It just seemed so painfully ironic as Connie was just expressing his relief that they had survived another mission. Those 3 had been through so much together, and with one gun shot, she was gone.

Jean had been numb since the funeral 2 days ago. He was glad that they were able to bring her home, unlike the others who were left behind. She wasn't turned to ash as Marco had been. But it was so hard to look at the cold gray head stone, and trying to come to terms that Sasha was under there. They wouldn't hear her laugh again. See her smile, stuff her face. He was grateful that a Niccolo had cooked them all such good new foods.

Jean was pretty impressed and slightly worried at how well Connie had been holding up. He sat with her all the way back to Paradis, holding her hand. Captain Levi had joined him after dealing with Eren. The captain always did whatever he did to get his subordinates home. Connie was just void of emotions. When his father and siblings were killed and his mom a Titan, he was devastated, spent hours in Sasha's room crying. Maybe Connie was use to losing those close to him, maybe because he was older, or he was going to hold it all in.

But Jean knew the secret Connie and Sasha had carried since they joined the scouts. They both had finally confided into him about the relationship, trusting him the most to keep their secret. To cover for them when they wanted nights alone. Connie had even purchased a ring. He was so proud showing it off to Jean. Now, it was on Sasha's finger, six feet under. A member of the burial team was friends with Jean, and Jean assured Connie it was there. Connie and Jean had arrived early for Jean to place a flower, and for Connie to place to white roses and his final love letter to Sasha on her grave. Jean panicked a bit when Niccolo arrived with a bouquet of white roses. He should have known he would show up, and was glad he was going to get his chance to say goodbye.

The trio had been aware of Niccolo's strong feelings for Sasha. Sasha enjoyed his pleasant company as a dear friend, but the only love she had was for his cooking. She even joked one time that her sister "thinks we are dating". Right before the Libero mission, she noticed he was starting to get more forward. Invited her to a special meal when they returned. Sasha had decided that's when should would have to let him down easy. Tell him that her heart belong to someone else. But she was also worried he would get mad and not cook for them anymore, or maybe poison Connie's food.