Valentine's Day Chocolates (Levi x Hange)

There were hearts and "I love yous" all over the school. As soon as February started it was like a hallmark card had exploded in the school.

Hange pushed back a streamer that was hanging from a door frame, trying to make her way to lunch.

The lunch table was already abuzz about Valentine's Day. It kinda sucked being the single friend.

"Mike is taking me on a Valentine's Day hike this weekend" Nanaba said excitedly. "What about your Lynn?"

"Gelgar won't tell me. Says it's a surprised. I hope he puts flowers in my car or something"

"Nile and I are going to dinner at The Honey and Oak. I'm gonna wear that red dress I bought a few weeks ago"

"That sounds fun Marie!" Hange said joining in the conversation.

"Hange you got any plans...find a yourself a Valentine?" Nanaba asked.

"Unless you count Trafalgar Law as a Valentine", Hange joked.

"Well how about we have a girls night the day after?" Lynn suggested.

"Sure", Hange said, knowing that she would just have to listen to how wonderful their Valentine's Day dates were.

On the outside, Hange came off as confident and goofy. But deep down, she was insecure. She didn't think she was a pretty as Lynn, charming as Nanaba, or gracefully as Marie. It didn't help that Hange was the only single girl in her friend group.

It wasn't  for a lack of trying, but most guys usually got weirded out when she started talking about her deep love of science, anime, or books.

So by junior year Hange just focused on her grades, field hockey, and enjoy time with her friends.

"Wonder if Levi's got a Valentine this year?" Nanaba pondered to the group.

"I don't think he believes in the concept of Valentine's Day." Lynn said with a laugh.

Hange's heart started beating a bit fast at the mention of Levi. Hange was a girl after all, and any girl gets nervous when their crush is mentioned.

"Yeah I can see him being against it, even though most of the girls at this school are crazy about him" Marie said. "But according to Erwin he's never shown interest, I think it's got something to do with his dad leaving him when he was young"

"Marie!" Hange elbowed her.

"What...it's not like it's some big secret, my mom works with his mom."

"Still I'm sure he doesn't like being talked about like that".

"Speak of the devil...." Nanaba said.

They all looked as Levi walked past their table, tossing his sandwich wrapper in the trash.

Hange couldn't keep her eyes on him.

************************************************
Levi knew Hange was looking at him. So he was trying to walk as causally as he could. He didn't want to come off as "too cool for school".

She looked cute today. It was one of the rare  days she let her hair down. It felt in soft brown waves at her shoulders.

Levi was so surprised that that she didn't have a boyfriend. Hange was smart, pretty, athletic, and funny. Sometimes her goofiness could irritate him sometimes but for the most part he couldn't help but laugh.

He made his way back to his lunch table and picked up his bag.

"Where you off to?" Mike asked.

"Library, I've got to print out my English paper before class, and turn in my books"