Chapter 2:Awakening

**TEN YEARS LATER**

Nemuri Kayama aka the +18 pro hero Midnight stood in a cemetery on cloudy day where many grey clouds were in the sky and the sun was blocked off. She was standing right in front of the gravestone of the late Inko Midoriya and Hiashi Midoriya the parents of Izuku Midoriya the boy she promised to find. Today was the ten year anniversary of Inko's death and Izuku's kidnapping. She comes here every year in front of the parents graves, to apologize to them for still not finding their son yet.

She stills remembers that night. It was the night that she made a vow to find Izuku and bring Inko's killer to justice. For the last ten years Midnight has moved heaven and earth to find Izuku.

Midnight went to the Midoriya house with the police to help in the investigation on the murder and kidnapping. She'd gather all the pictures of Izuku, knowing that the young boy would look different after all these years. Nemuri would even say to herself sometimes that Izuku is quite the cute baby especially in the All Might onesies.

Even when she accepted her job as a teacher at UA she would still continue her investigation, she searched through all child abduction databases. It shocked Midnight how missing children there are and most of them are still missing to this day. Midnight called some favors from other pro heroes like **Eraserhead** and **Present Mic** in her search for the lost child.

She hoped with the other heroes help that she could a get a clue to find Izuku or even Inko's killer but nothing came up. Ten years Midnight couldn't find anything evidence linking to Izuku, **until today**.

* * *

**CEMETERY**

"Hello Inko." Midnight no not Midnight, but Nemuri Kayama dressed not in her hero costume, but in a black dress suit. As she wasn't on duty as hero at this instant and right now she was standing in front of the gravestone of Inko Midoriya. "Honestly I don't know what to say to you. I could say that I'm getting close to finding your killer, or that I'm close to finding your son."

Nemuri had a frown on her face and tears were falling from her eyes. "I had promised you. Promised you that I would find your son, but now I'm afraid that I may never find Izuku. Through all my investigations looking for him they always end with a dead end." Nemuri voice began to break as she kept talking to the gravestone.

"You must hate me right now and I would understand. I was in area when you were killed and when Izuku was taken. If only I was little faster I could've been there and done something. Maybe you would be still alive and Izuku would be with you still. I'm suppose to be a hero and yet I wasn't there when you and Izuku needed me the most." Nemuri was completely sobbing at this point, a waterfall of tears were coming down from her eyes and snot was falling from her nose.

"You're wrong." Nemuri turned to her left where the direction of the sound came from. When she cleared her watery eyes she saw that it was Inko's best friend **Mitsuki Bakugo**.

The middle age blonde haired woman is was best friends with Inko. It devastated her when she heard of her friend's death. "Inko wouldn't hate you nor would she blame you. The woman never had a bad bone in her body, a true saint." A smile graced Mitsuki lips as tears were falling down her eyes now thinking about her deceased friend.

Mitsuki walked up to Inko gravestone and laid some flowers down. She then bowed her head and said a quiet prayer. Once she was done she went to Nemuri and gave the poor heroine a hug. Nemuri hugged back and once they both let go Mitsuki had something to say to Midnight.

"You know what Inko wouldn't like though." Nemuri looked at her confused. "She wouldn't like to see you like this and I damn sure Izuku wouldn't either. That boy looked up and believed in heroes more than anyone I ever met. So, pick yourself up and get back out there. Don't let one failure stop you from finding Izuku." Nemuri knew she was right, she shouldn't be acting like this. She was a hero for god sake and a hero is someone who can get a tough situation and she'll find a way out this one.