Chapter 14: The boy born with everything vs The boy who lost everything

Previously: The first round of the tournament has come too close and the winners are advancing to the second round. The first match begins with Izuku and Shoto against each other. On his way to the ring Izuku came face to face with Shoto's father the Flame hero Endeavor. **STADIUM**

"Endeavor." Izuku said as he saw the flame hero blocking his pathway to the ring. Endeavor looked at the boy that was created to kill him and saw that boy had not really changed since he and the other heroes freed him from Trinity. Endeavor stared at Izuku for a couple seconds, which made Izuku uncomfortable.

"Uhh... sorry about the jaw." Izuku apologize to the flame hero and he let out a light laugh."Don't worry about it, that injury made realize that I needed to improve myself. I won't hold you for long, but I have need of your help." Endeavor asked the boy and Izuku was surprised.

' _Endeavor needs my help, what could he need from me? I mean he's the number two hero and has more cases cleared than All Might.'_ Izuku thought has has admired Endeavor for his ability to clear many cases. The man may not be as powerful or charismatic as Izuku's mentor, but the flame hero knows how to get the job done. Izuku respects that about Endeavor, it's his efficiency that Izuku hopes to have one day.

"Kid?" Endeavor called to Izuku and the boy was brought back to reality from his thoughts."Sorry, what do you need help with?" Izuku asked the flame hero and Endeavor responded."I want you to help my son, Shoto." Endeavor told Izuku and he began to realize where this may be going.

"You want me to make him use his fire." Izuku told Enji and he nodded, making Izuku sigh.

"I was going to do that anyway, Shoto needs to learn that he can't go through life with a crutch. He's only to hurt himself and others if he keep going down this path." Izuku told Endeavor making the man looked down in shame."It's my fault that he is this way. I wasn't the best-"

"I know." Izuku answered the flame hero shocking him greatly. "I do research on everyone that catches my eye and that included your son. I know your family history and I'm not going to get into that, that's a Todoroki problem. This only became my problem when your son nearly got us killed." Izuku spoke honestly, he didn't care for the Todoriki's family issues. Endeavor looked down sadly at his words knowing that they were true.

"Nezu told me of your report." Izuku sighed hearing that. _'Damn it Nezu, I said I'll handle this.'_"Look Endeavor, I'm not going to judge you on the decisions you made in the past. I have no right to that anyway and if one were to look at my back story they could stay I'm monster as well, and who knows they may be right. We may have done terrible and unforgivable things, but at least we're trying to be better people." Izuku told the flame hero and Enji could see where Izuku was coming from.

"You could have stayed the same man that Shoto and your family hated, but instead you changed. You brought their mother home and you started to be a better hero. A hero that your family can be proud of. Keep doing that and who knows they may one day forgive you." Izuku finished saying as Endeavor nodded, and the flame hero silently laughed at the irony in the situation he's in. Him the number two hero is taking advice from someone who is still a hero in training.

"You know All Might told me that I should atone for my sins, maybe we can walk the road of atonement together. It can be quite lonely on this road." Izuku said to the flame hero with a smile and Endeavor smiled at that."Yeah kid, that sound nice." Endeavor said, but his face became serious again when he asked Izuku a question.

"How will make Shoto use his fire?" Enji asked and again Izuku sighed."I going to do something that my mother, my teachers, and most of you pros might not approve of." Endeavor was confused by the statement."What do you mean?" Enji asked and Izuku ignored the question as began to walk forward.