4) Dead or Alive?

"Princess, come down. Breakfast is ready and we need to leave for Uncle Jimin's house too." Taehyung yelled, from the kitchen. He placed the breakfast on the table which was nothing but oatmeals and cut fruits, one of the few things he could make without burning down the kitchen.

Sometimes he felt really bad for his daughter. He couldn't cook to save his life. No matter how many times he tries he always ends up either burning the entire thing or it won't be edible to put in your mouth, but his daughter never complains. She eats whatever he gives her and for that he was equally grateful and sad. Kids her age are supposed to be messy and picky when it comes to food. He sure was.

He still remembers the numerous beatings he used to get from his grandmother for being too picky when it came to food. But now he can't afford to be picky. 'I guess you need to have choices in the first place to be picky.' he thought. He had initially hired a cook for them, but in the end they always ended up quitting, thanks to his daughter. So now they are stuck with eating Taehyung's cooking, which if we're being honest it would be an insult to call it cooking. How they both are still alive is a mystery that couldn't be solved in this life.

He turned around hearing the footsteps and saw his daughter coming down the stairs with her favorite tiger plushie. He smiled seeing that. Eunie came to the dining table and sat quietly waiting for her father to feed her food. Taehyung sighed looking at his daughter. If this was his old Eunie, she would be talking his ears off by now. But then again, he too would be playing around and joking if he was the old Taehyung. He realizes with a heavy heart that they were both just living shadows of their previous self.

Taehyung drove Eunie to Jimin's house after they were done with the breakfast. He saw his two best friends standing outside waiting for them. He smiled seeing that. They were both real friends, more like his family, who always had his back. He parked his car near the front gate, before getting down carrying Eunie in his arms. Jimin ran to them as soon as he saw them, with his husband following close behind.

"Tae, why did you come so late? Do you know, from when I was waiting for you?" Jimin said, hugging his best friend tightly.

"Yah Jiminah, let them breathe. You're going to suffocate them." Yoongi, Jimin's husband said, coming towards them. Jimin pouted, but stepped back to let his husband greet Tae.

"How are you Tae? It's been a while since we met. And how is the most beautiful princess in the world doing?" Yoongi asked, showing his gummy smile that was only reserved for his friends and family.

Min Yoongi is a corporate lawyer who works for a major pharmaceutical and chemicals company, so it was a difficult task for both the friends to often meet up considering they were both incredibly busy in their respective jobs.

"I'm ok Yoongi. How are you and yes it's been a while since we caught up. I just have been really busy." Taehyung said, sounding guilty.

"Eunie baby, why don't you go inside and play. You know your Yoonie uncle had brought lots of new toys for our princess." Jimin said, taking Eunie from Taehyung and carrying her inside, but not before Taehyung kissed on her forehead.

"Tae, you don't have to apologize to us ever and we aren't strangers that you feel the need to explain yourself to us." Yoongi said, when Eunie was out of sight.

"Thanks Yoongs. It's just been a hectic week with Mrs.Song quitting and me having to push back my appointments and surgeries repeatedly. I was already on thin ice with the Dean of the hospital, but lately it's become worse and I still haven't found a caretaker to replace Mrs.Song. And now I'm ranting again, I'm sorry." Taehyung said, sighing loudly.