53) The Search

"Are you fucking trying to play games with us? Didn't I tell you beforehand that if you try to be smart with us, it won't end well for you. I guess you really didn't take me seriously. Maybe I should show you what'll happen when you make fools of us." Namjoon growled, gripping the man's throat, choking him with his hand. Both Minjae and Namjoon had been following the man around for the past one hour from one place to the other, but it looked like the man was just taking them on a joyride and now Namjoon was at the last of his patience.

"Le..let me g..go." Namjoon finally let the man go, who immediately held his neck, gasping for air.

"I'm not playing with you. It's just, I don't remember where we left him that night." he said, earning a punch from Minjae this time.

"What the fuck do you mean by you don't remember? How can you not remember? And why didn't you tell this beforehand instead of wasting our time?" Minjae asked, trying his best not to kill the man in front of him.

"Look, it was night and it was really dark and on top of it we were both drunk and this happened months ago. So, how do you expect me to remember everything? And I didn't say I won't help you. I just need some time. I'm sure if I see the place, I'll know it." he said, wiping the blood from his lips.

"Well, you better find that place before sundown if you wish to live your pathetic life." Minjae warned.

"Describe the building where you left him that night." Namjoon asked, trying to jog the man's memory.

"I don't remember, but it was a two storey building and there was nothing else beside it. No houses or shops. Like I said, it looked abandoned. Hence, why we left him there." he answered while Namjoon was lost in some thought.

"What are you thinking, Hyung? Minjae asked, guiding Namjoon a little far from the man, so they could talk in private.

"Well, from what he explained, it doesn't sound like a residential area, nor a commercial area if there were no other buildings next to it. It must be a deserted place from the sound of it. Explains why no one ever came across his body in all these months. Maybe no one ventures out to that area. It should make our search a bit easy, since I don't think there should be that many deserted places here in Daegu. We should search for deserted places by the riverside first. They were in a boat that night and I'm sure they wouldn't have travelled very long, carrying a body with them. So, the place we are looking for must be close to the river." Namjoon explained his theory.

"But, what if he's lying, Hyung? You heard him. He was drunk that night. What if his memory of what happened that night is false and we're just out here chasing our tails?" Minjae said in exasperation.

"I know you're frustrated. So am I. But, we don't have any option, other than to trust his words. Don't lose hope, Jae. We will find him, whatever it takes." Minjae nods, sighing heavily and decides to follow Namjoon.