6) First Meet

Taehyung cursed himself for the 100th time. He was late once again, and he was sure he'd be chewed out by the Dean once again for being unprofessional and lazy. 'Lazy, my ass. I put in more hours than any doctors in this hospital, but just because he had to postpone his appointments and surgeries a couple times, he was deemed as lazy. It wasn't like he canceled those to go out and party,' he thought.

And as expected, the moment he stepped into his office, his assistant informed him that Mr. Ahn was asking for him. 'Great, just fucking great.' he murmured before walking out of the room to meet with his doom.

"May I come in, Sir?" he asked, after knocking on the Dean's door. He walked in after hearing a come in from the other side.

"You asked for me, Mr. Ahn?" he asked knowing well that he was going to get another lecture.

"Oh what a pleasant surprise Mr. Kim, you're only 30 minutes late today. To what do we owe this good fortune? So tell me Mr. Kim, what's your reason this time? Your maid quit, your child was sick, your car broke down, which one is it? You know sometimes I think that it's not just your patients even we have to pay money to see you." Mr. Ahn mocked, while Taehyung just gritted his teeth in anger.

"I had a minor accident on the way to the hospital Mr. Ahn. If you don't believe me you can take a look at my car and you'll know I'm telling the truth." Taehyung answered.

"Wow, it looks like the entire universe is plotting against you. But this is just today's excuse Mr. Kim, what about the past entire week? You just left a message to your assistant saying that you're taking off for a week and then just took off. Don't you think there's a proper protocol to follow when you take a leave, the first of those protocols being that you were supposed to send an email to me asking for the said leave and wait until it gets approved. But not only you didn't ask for my permission, you didn't even bother to inform me. Your assistant had to inform me on your behalf.

Tell me Mr. Kim, does this arrogance of yours come from the fact that you worked in a big shot hospital in Seoul, or is it because you think you're irreplaceable." Mr. Ahn asked with sarcasm dripping with every word.

"I'm sorry for not informing you in advance Sir, but it was an emergency and I didn't have the time to wait for permission. But I assure you it won't happen again." Taehyung said, swallowing his pride. He knew he was in the wrong, but he was helpless and didn't have any other option.

"Save your assurances, Mr. Kim. And what did you say, 'it was an emergency.' You're not the only one with responsibilities, Mr. Kim. but you're the only one who uses your responsibilities as an excuse every single time. You're a doctor and a doctor's first duty should be towards his patients and if you can't do that then maybe you should just quit and sit at home." Mr. Ahn said, making Taehyung angry.

"With all due respect Sir, I haven't taken a single day off ever since I started working here, so I don't think I should be penalized for taking off for just a week. And about not doing my duty towards my patients, then let me just say that all the patients and the surgeries that I postponed were the non critical ones. I know how to do my job, Sir and I've never had any complaints from any of my patients or have ever made any mistakes with my job and even if I do come late sometimes, I still finish all my work before going home. So unless you have some other complaints against me, can I take my leave now? I have patients waiting for me." he said, before walking out not giving the Dean a chance to even open his mouth.

What Taehyung failed to notice was the woman standing near the door with a shocked expression on her face and as soon as Taehyung was out of sight, she came inside without even knocking.