55) Campfire

"Take me to that place." Everyone looked at Hyejin, who had spoken after a long silence.

"Aunty, what are you saying? You want us to take you there? But, there is nothing there, Aunty and it's past midnight now." Namjoon said, hoping to reason with her, but her next words proved it impossible.

"I don't care that it is midnight or that there is nothing there. I want to see the place where my baby was thrown away like garbage. I want to see my..." Hyejin broke down in her husband's arms, her sobs filling up the silence of the night while her family could do nothing, but to just watch.

"Take us there, sons." Jiwoo said, hugging his wife. Namjoon and Minjae didn't have any other option than to agree to take them there in the middle of the night. Namjoon and Minjae loaded the Jeon family into their cars and took them back to the same place where they came back from. After a long drive, filled with tension, fear, guilt and grief, they finally reached their destination. Namjoon guided them to the building and stood aside to let the family have their time.

"Is thi..this the pl..place?" Hyejin asked, her voice stuttering. She looked around the dark, cold and isolated place and fell down on her knees, crying hard.

"Yeobo, our Kook can't handle the cold and he's afraid of being alone in the dark. And his skin is so sensitive and he can't sleep without cuddling his plushies. Then how can he sleep on this cold hard ground. Oh God, my baby might've been so afraid and alone. I'm sorry baby. Please forgive your Eomma. I couldn't do anything to help you. I'm sorry." Everyone had tears in their eyes while Hyejin hugged the dirty ground as if she was hugging her baby.

Jin was sobbing in Namjoon's arms while Jiwon walked away from there, unable to witness his mother breaking down in front of him. Jiwoo on the other hand was numb. He was crying silently without making any sound, while the guilt and anger of how he failed to protect his son was eating him from inside. Jungkook was his baby, his happiness and his pride. He was the son he pampered and cherished with everything he got. There isn't a thing that Jungkook has asked and he hasn't fulfilled. He lived for his family and to know that your son whom you loved and cherished like a delicate piece of glass was thrown away and abandoned was making his heart bleed.

Hyejin cried, wetting the ground with her heart wrenching sobs, which echoed through the desolated place, piercing the silence while her family watched in silence, their own tears, blurring the unbearable scene in front of them.

"What are you doing here, baby? I was looking for you." Taehyung said, back hugging Jungkook, who was standing in the balcony, looking at the stars. He turned him around and was shocked to see tears in his eyes.

"Bunny, baby what happened? Why are you crying, love? Did someone say something to you? Are you hurt somewhere?" Taehyung babbled, worriedly, checking him from head to toe, making Jungkook smile with teary eyes.