49) Family Date

"Who was on the phone?" Jin asked, handing Namjoon his coffee and sitting down in front of him. Namjoon was startled by the sudden voice and turned around facing his husband. He took the coffee from Jin's hand and contemplated on whether or not to tell him the truth.

"I could literally see the wheels turning in your head, Joon. If you don't want to tell me who was it on the phone, it's alright, I won't ask." Jin said, seeing the hesitation on his husband's face.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you, I just don't want to see you upset." Namjoon said, piquing Jin's interest.

"Now you're scaring me, Joon. Is it about dad's health? But, I spoke to him just this morning and he was completely fine. Or is it something related to your business? What is it, Joon?" Jin asked, getting worried and Namjoon immediately hugged him, patting his back to comfort him.

"It's nothing like what you're thinking, baby. First, calm down and take a deep breath, will you?" Jin did as Joon asked and took a deep breath to calm down his heart beat. He knew he was overreacting, but he couldn't help it. Ever since Jungkook's accident, Jin panics about even the slightest thing. He wants to know where Namjoon is at all times and if by mistake Namjoon doesn't pick up his calls or answer his messages, his mind starts conjuring up all the negative scenarios and he ends up having a panic attack. And it wasn't limited to just Namjoon. Jin had become overprotective about every single person he was close to, constantly calling them and making sure they were alright has become a part of his daily life.

Once he was sure that Jin wasn't panicking anymore, Namjoon released him from the hug and handed him a glass of water. Jin gulped down the water and gave the glass back to Namjoon, who took it away and sat down next to him, holding his hands.

"Are you fine now?" he asked once again to which Jin just nodded his head.

"To answer your previous question, that was Minjae on the phone. He wants me to come down to Daegu, because he wants my help with something. I didn't tell you because I know you don't like it when I travel out of Seoul. I would've said no if it related to work or if it was an outsider. But, Minjae is family, so I couldn't just say no to him." Namjoon explained, making Jin confused.

"But why did Minjae ask for your help? As far as I know he is there for some new investment which has got nothing to do with you. And even if he needs your help with something, why can't you help from here. I don't get why you have to go all the way down there." Jin said, not liking the fact that Namjoon might have to go to Daegu and that too in this winter when the roads to Daegu can be pretty slippery.

"Baby, I know you're afraid, but don't be. You know he wouldn't have asked for my help if it wasn't something important. I'm sure it won't take much time since he is there only for a week. I'll be back home before you even know it. So, please remove this frown from your face and smile for me, my beautiful husband." Jin smiled a little at that and forced himself to stay calm.

"But, promise me that you'd answer my call no matter what and will take care of your health. I know how much you hate winters, especially travelling at this time." Namjoon smiled at his concerned husband and pecked his lips.

"I promise." Namjoon stated.