66) Love or Family

Silence, that was the only sound around them before a heart wrenching sob broke through the deafening silence, piercing it. Taehyung, who was frozen on his place after hearing what Mr. Jeon said, came out of his daze when he felt his world collapsing in his arms, his sob breaking his heart even more. Never in a million years he had envisioned this scenario when he had made up his mind to fight for his love. He was willing to accept any hate and harsh words thrown at him, but not at his Bunny. He had thought that the Jeon's probably wouldn't accept him for his son, but not even in his wild dreams he had thought that they would disown their own son and declare him dead.

He looked at his Bunny, who was sobbing inconsolably in his arms and at this moment he couldn't help but hate the people who call themselves Jungkook's family. If this is what having a parents and a family feels like, then he was glad that he was an orphan. He felt so angry that he clenched his jaw, not wanting to burst out at the people in front of him. But when the guards came forward at the instruction of Mr. Jeon and tried to touch his Bunny, that's when he lost it.

"Touch him and I'll break your hand." Taehyung said, glaring at the guard, who gulped seeing the look in his eyes.

"Yeobo, what are you saying? He's our son. And I know that he has made a mistake, but we are his parents, we can make him understand. He's just confused. I'm sure he'll listen to us. We just got him back and I'm not letting him go again." Hyejin said, pleading with her husband. She too was angry with her son, but she can never hate him or disown him, after all she is a mother.

"Do you really think that he'll listen to us? If he had thought of us or about Minjae even the slightest then he wouldn't have done what he did in the first place. Don't you get it? He's not our son, he can't be. Because our Jungkook would never be able to see tears in his parents eyes, he would never do anything to bring us shame. But, this Jungkook who is standing in front of us is not the same person." Jiwoo said, looking at his son with no emotion.

"A..ap..appa, pl..please don't say th...that. I'm still y..our son. Pl..ease just listen to me o..once. E...eomma, pl..please tell Appa to l..listen to me." Jungkook begged his parents. Taehyung hated seeing his Bunny beg in front of his family. He hated seeing the tears in his eyes. He wanted to take Jungkook away from this place, and away from his family, who was the reason for his Bunny's tears.

""Jungkook, even now nothing is ruined. We don't blame you for what you did when you didn't have your memories. So, forget whatever happened during the months you were away and come back to us and I promise you that your father won't say anything. But, for that you have to stop this childishness first. You love Minjae and what you feel for this man here is just gratitude for helping you and giving you a roof when you were all alone and you are mistaking that gratitude for love. Please try to understand Kook. What you are feeling is not love. Let's talk it out, baby. Just come to us." Hyejin said, trying to make her son understand, who was just crying helplessly as no one was understanding him.

Taehyung's hold on Jungkook tightened as Hyejin called their love as mere gratitude. He knows his Bunny loves him and he can bet his life on that, but that didn't stop him from feeling nervous. He was worried that they might convince Jungkook and he would lose him once again. But that thought went out the window when he heard his bun's voice.

"What I feel for Hyung is not gratitude, Eomma. I love him. He's in every beat of my heart and every cell of my body. He's in my every single thought and in every breath I take. I never knew it was possible to love someone so much that even the thought of being away from him kills you and their mere presence is enough to breathe life back into your soul. He owns my soul, Eomma and I, Jeon Jungkook is deeply, madly and irrevocably in love with him and I'll die without him. So, tell me Eomma, how should I remove him from my heart and my soul without killing myself?"