64) Rendezvous

Taehyung entered the extravagant hall and immediately all eyes were on him, though his eyes were only searching for one person. Minjae, who was busy talking to Namjoon, immediately made his way towards Taehyung, seeing him look everywhere as if searching for someone.

 Minjae, who was busy talking to Namjoon, immediately made his way towards Taehyung, seeing him look everywhere as if searching for someone

"Taehyung-ssi, you made it. I can't tell you how happy I'm that you decided to come. I hope you didn't have trouble getting here." Minjae said, greeting Taehyung.

"No, I didn't have any trouble getting here and thank you for inviting me." Taehyung said with a small smile.

"Well, how can I not invite you. You helped Kook so much during these past months even though he was just a stranger to you. You know, my impression about you when I first saw you was spot on. You really are different from others, who only help someone unless they have something to gain. But, you did it out of the goodness of your heart. Now, I'm even more convinced of my decision to have you run the new clinic that we're opening. You're exactly the kind of person we need." Minjae said, praising him while Taehyung just stood there feeling embarrassed as he didn't know what to say to that.

"Jae, offer the man some drinks before you eat his head. He has travelled a long distance to get here. Atleast, offer him some refreshments." Namjoon said while Minjae looked at him sheepishly. He had forgotten that Namjoon was standing there the whole time.

"Aahh, I'm sorry, Hyung. I forgot you're here. Taehyung-ssi, this is Kim Namjoon, he's married to Jungkook's cousin Jin. And he's like an older brother to both Jungkook and me." Minjae said, introducing Namjoon to Taehyung, who immediately shook hands with, feeling slightly nervous as this is the first time he's meeting someone from Jungkook's family on a personal level. The last time they were all at Taehyung's house, he never really got a chance to actually interact with them, let alone get to know them. To be honest, he felt slightly intimidated by Namjoon's presence, probably because the guy was like Jungkook's older brother.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kim." Taehyung said, as he shook hands with Namjoon.

"Don't be so formal, Taehyung. Wait, can I call you Taehyung?" he asked, making Taehyung nod his head.

"Well, like I said, don't call me Mr. Kim. It makes me feel too old. You can call me Namjoon or Joon since we're the same age, I'm guessing." Namjoon said, showing his dimple smile.

"Alright, Joon. And I don't think we're of the same age. I might be older than you."

"Really, what's your age? I'm 27."

"Well, I'll be 31 this year." Taehyung said, making both Joon and Minjae shocked.

"Waah, that's shocking. You do look really young. I thought we were of the same age. Wait, that means I should be calling you Hyung." Namjoon said, shocked by the revelation.

"I know right. Even I thought he was in his twenties. What's your secret, Taehyung-ssi?" Minjae questioned, making Taehyung embarrassed once again.

"YAH, stop calling him Taehyung-ssi, you disrespectful brat. Don't forget that you're just 21. Call him Hyung-nim." Namjoon said, making Minjae roll his eyes.