24) Dilemma

Hobi was having a discussion about his upcoming surgery with his junior doctors when an anxious Taehyung barged into his room, gaining everyone's attention. Hobi looked at Taehyung and then back to his juniors, before signalling them to leave the room. The doctors immediately filed out of the room, leaving the two of them.

"I hope you really have a damn good reason for interrupting my meeting." Hobi said, glaring at Taehyung.

"I need your advice." Taehyung said, making Hobi look at him in surprise.

"Wait a minute. You, the Kim Taehyung, need my advice for something?" Hobi asked, still reeling from the shock. He went towards the window and put his head outside, looking left and right.

"What the hell are you looking for?" Taehyung asked, irritated at his friends' antics.

"I'm looking for any sign of Apocalypse, you know, like raining frogs from the sky or the rise of monkeys to rule the world." Taehyung looked at him with a done expression, regretting his decision to come to him for help.

"If you're done with your drama, can I say what I came here to say?" Hobi muttered something about how he's the one who came asking for help and not the other way around, before sitting down on his chair, facing Taehyung.

"Fine, speak. How may I help your mighty ass?"

"I almost kissed Bunny." Taehyung said anxiously, while Hobi just looked at him with a 'what the fuck' expression.

"So you disturbed my meeting just to tell me that you kissed or almost kissed a bunny. Are you worried that you might get some disease from it? Was it a wild bunny or a pet one?" Taehyung looked at Hobi and he wanted to pull out his hair out of exasperation.

"I didn't kiss 'a bunny,' I kissed 'the Bunny,' my Bunny, you pea brained asshole." Taehyung yelled in frustration. Hobi was taken aback by the sudden scream, but then he smirked.

"Ohh, so you kissed The Bunny. So, how was it? Was it good? Did you feel butterflies in your stomach?" Hobi bombarded him with questions.

"I didn't kiss him, but was about to kiss him. Ugh, just tell me what to do now?"

"Ok, I'm confused. What is it that you want my help for?" Taehyung looked at him and sighed heavily, before telling him everything that happened at the zoo, while Hobi was listening to everything with wide eyes.

"So basically you're telling me that I've been eating beaver shit all my life in the name of vanilla ice cream?" Hobi asked, stunned at the revelation.

"Are you kidding me right now? That's all you got from everything I said. I almost kissed him and now it's all awkward and weird between us. I don't even know how to face him and you should be giving me advice and telling me what I should do to make everything go back the way it was, but instead you're being your usual annoying self."

"Well, you can't blame me for needing a bit of time to process that my entire life has been a lie. But I get your point. You are here for my advice, although I still don't understand why you need my advice in the first place. So you almost kissed him. What's the big deal in that? I don't see the problem here."

"What do you mean by you don't see a problem? He's my daughter's caretaker and he doesn't remember his past and he is a boy. Does that answer your question?"

"Nope, it doesn't. And what do you even mean by he's a boy? How is that a reason?"

"Hobi, in my 30 years of life, I've never once looked at the same sex let alone felt attracted to them. Are you going to tell me that I've misdiagnosed my sexuality for the past 30 years?"