Chapter 9. Dyslexie Font

🎶 Home - Catie Turner

Published on 14.10.2022

i wonder how it feels
to be safe in the palm of your hand,
and i just want to go home. ❞

🥀

"My office in five." Ayansh announces, passing through the third floor.

The team present on the third floor quickly rush towards the stairs, some towards elevator to reach the floor above.

Ayansh's office was spacious enough to comfortably let 10-15 people huddle together.

"Let me get to the point straight," he begans, demanding complete attention. "Next week is Diwali. For the unattended, it's a big festival for Indians and also, a perfect opportunity for us to come up with something new and creative, something that attracts people. To start with, I think we can bring some additional changes in our website, to make it more user-friendly sort of?" He eyes them all intently. "Not something extravagant kind like introducing some offer or a lucky winner and all. I want something that is impactful, irrespective of it profiting us or not. It will simply help us connect better with our audience. Suggestions anyone?"

Everyone starts to run the gears in their brain to think of something innovative, something that goes with the idea their leader had in his mind.

A hand slowly goes up in the air, making every head turn in its direction.

Ayansh nods to continue.

"Because you want to make it more user friendly," Inaaya says with a slight nervousness, "why don't we introduce a dyslexie font?"

A scoff is heard, interrupting Inaaya, making everyone look at the source of the sound.

"I'm- I'm sorry." Alex mumbles quickly when he meets the icy glare of Ayansh. "But I highly doubt the effectiveness of this."

"I asked for suggestions. How convenient and effective it is, is something that comes later." He responds in a pointed tone. "And I would really appreciate if y'all have the basic manners to not intervene when someone else is speaking. Speak when it's your turn. Got it?" He arches a brow and Alex gives a small nod and shifts his gaze to the floor. "Continue." Ayansh commands to Inaaya whilst still looking at Alex.

Inaaya swallows at the tension swirling in the room. "As Alex mentioned, I, too, am sceptical about the working of this whole thing. But if it could even help some of them out there, I think your- our idea will be executed."

Ayansh looks at her and the intensity and authoritativeness in his gaze makes her squirm in her place. She clasps her hand, noticing how sweaty they were even after being in an air conditioned room.

"Thoughtful indeed." He whispers lowly and she despises how her body reacts to his voice, the way her blood warms up, the way her heart races and thumps loudly. She gives him a nod, silently thanking him for the acknowledgement.

Some more suggestions follow, some basic, some creative and in the end, Ayansh appreciates them all for being so engaging and dismisses them.

There were times in the past, when they were together, when Inaaya used to wonder what he would be like a boss, a leader in his term. It always used to make her feel amused and then, eventually cause her to let out a silly chuckle because in her imagination, he would be that kind of leader who found it difficult to get everyone together without encasing chaos, ask something as if it's a request and not a command and would be super lenient with everyone. As much as the thought amused her, it also made her worry for him. She didn't want him to struggle and feel self-conscious at every step, undermine himself and blame himself when things go wrong even when it wouldn't be his fault.