Chapter 18. Contract

🎶 Remember That Night?

Published on 12.11.2022

oh, i don't think you realise,
how long i had to fight to be living my life,
to get better and never have to try,
not to think of you until you reached out
and said, "remember that night?" ❞

🥀

In the evening, Inaaya found herself at Sheffi's place which was a daycare centre. She sat with her cold coffee, sipping the beverage with the help of a straw, watching the kids doing various activities.

"Is it bad that Maya can't keep anything to herself?" Akira asks walking towards Inaaya with her backpack hanging over her right shoulder. She takes the empty space besides her.

Inaaya let's out a hopeless huff. "So I'm assuming you already know?" A grin makes way on her face when she sees two little girls who were arguing sometime back, hugging and patting each others back.

Akira nods grimly. "About your and Ayansh's conversation? Yes."

"I wouldn't exactly say it was a conversation..... ," she drawls as her mind wanders off to the incident where he kept trying and she kept neglecting.

"I'll he honest with you," Akira begans, sitting with folded legs, making herself comfortable, "I didn't really care whatever drama was happening in your life but I think it's getting good now. I can't help but feel interested."

Inaaya scoffs. "You're horrible."

She shrugs nonchalantly.

Khushi rushes towards Inaaya, a big smile plastered on her face. She taps on Inaaya's knees continuously to catch her attention.

"What?" She waggles her eyebrows mischievously and then leans towards Akira and whispers, "If not for your daughter, I wouldn't be tolerating you."

"Trust me, the feelings are mutual." She says in an exaggerated manner making Inaaya roll her eyes playfully.

"I wanna dedicate a poem to you." Khushi says still tapping her knees, enjoying the activity.

"Me?" Inaaya widens her eyes and points at herself dramatically.

Khushi nods frantically, her pigtails bouncing up and down at the movement.

"Traitor," Akira mutters under her breath, her lips settled in a pout, clearly offended. "She never did this for me." She grabs the cold coffee that Inaaya had kept in the space between them.

Inaaya contains her laughter. "I'm dying to hear you," she tells Khushi eagerly.

Khushi beams. "Twinkle, twinkle little star," she starts, her eyelashes fluttering as she sings, "how I wonder what you're." She flashes Inaaya a toothy grin and sighs dreamily, making her chuckle. "Up above the world so high," she stretches her hand, pointing at the ceiling, "like a diamond in the sky." She gives her a flying kiss and Inaaya pretends to catch it and lock it in her heart.

Akira couldn't help but smile at the adorable sight.

Inaaya, who had her heart fluttering with joy and love at the tiny bundle of happiness, picks her up and makes her sit on her lap, planting a long kiss on her cheek. "I love you," she says cutely as if she was a toddler herself.