Chapter 14. Lost the Right

🎶 Question...?

Published on 31.11.2022

❝ good girl, sad boy,
big city, wrong choices,
we'd one thing going on,
i swear that it was something. ❞

🥀

Andrew greets Ayansh when he enters the trailer.

"You're early today!" Ayansh exclaims in surprise, loosening his tie and unfolding his cufflinks.

"Got a half day leave." Andrew smiles brightly. "How was your day?"

A soft smile stretches across Ayansh's face as he sits and starts removing his shoes.

Andrew squints his eyes, looking at him with mischief and sits besides him. "Did something happen with your lady love?"

The term causes him to laugh and he rolls his eyes. "Help me to get out of my shirt." He stands up.

"You're changing the topic!" Andrew calls him out but still stands up and helps Ayansh to get rid of his shirt.

"I was thinking of shifting to the penthouse. I know it must not be very comfortable to share space with me when you've stayed alone— "

Andrew scoffs and cuts Ayansh off. "From where did this come from?" He asks, following Ayansh to the kitchen. "Infact, I'm very happy that you're here. It's not lonely and although you aren't very talkative, you're a good listener. On top of that, you always prepare some really delicious dinner. I don't have to stress about that. Is it the dinner? If you don't want to cook, it's fine too. I can manage for both of us. If you've some other issues, then lemme know. If you find the place and space inadequate then just be honest about it. I won't be offended. Really." He emphasizes.

Ayansh looked at him with a blank face and then, went back to sipping water. "I've no issues with you, the place is good, comfortable for two people, I also like to cook for both of us." He clarifies his doubts, relieving him. "I just— I know I'm an extra burden for you— "

"Rubbish." Andrew snorts and turns his face. Looking at Ayansh from the corner of his eyes, he finally realises what is his issue. He sighs. "Okay, I won't force you for anything. Do whatever you feel is better. It's you who needs space, don't you? Sarya had mentioned you've been living alone so I get you're used to it." His assumption is confirmed when Ayansh doesn't deny or opposes.

"You're a great person. I've nothing against you. Trust me." Ayansh says, feeling guilty.

Andrew simply chuckles, confusing him. "I'm a man." He says with pride, amusing Ayansh. "I'm not going to take such small things personally. Anyways, if you have made your mind, I won't stop. Just.... go after you recover?" He suggests, looking at the cast.

Ayansh appreciates it with a smile and nod. "Thank you," he mouths and leaves the kitchen, picking up his shirt.

"Are you not going to tell what happened today with your lady love?" Andrew shouts.

"None of your business bro." Ayansh says with ease, closing the door of his room.

After freshening up, Ayansh took out the diary and kept it on the study table, against the pen stand. He sat on the chair and stared idly at the black cover of it with tiny stars scattered in white ink over it.

"Hey Diary," he mumbles in a lazy, soft voice. "I wish I could write but.... ," he trails off, lifting off his right hand covered with the cast as if the inanimate object could actually see.

"So, I'll just speak." He tells the voiceless object. "If you're wondering why I'm talking to you instead of anyone else, let me give you an explanation. I can't talk to my friends or Sarya because off late, they just seem to be tired of me. They ain't wrong when they say how I'm just signing up for another heartbreak whenever I think of Inaaya with hope but how could I not?" He says, exaggeratedly. "She makes me hope, always has." His voice softens and gaze turns gentle as if he's a wave and she's his shore that he'll always seek.