Chapter 30. Lavender Hoodie

🎶 Nain Ta Heere

Published on 12.01.2023

❝ kehna si kujh kehna tujhse
Main keh paaya nahi
par tu dil da haal samajh di
main samjhaya nahi. ❞

🥀

PS - Probably the last of these cringe edits that I'm posting 😂 bear with me "

🥀

"So......," he trails off awkwardly as four pair of eyes turn around to look at him. "Am I allowed inside?"

"Ofcourse," Maya says.

"No," Inaaya replies at the same time.

"Who are you?" Khushi asks in a whisper, her head tilting as she assesses Ayansh curiously.

Ayansh's eyes squint at the tiny figure. He didn't know how did he miss her amongst all the ladies. His own head tilts on its own accord. "Who are you?" He throws the same question at the child.

Khushi frowns, her curiosity turning into hostility quickly. She tugs at Akira's dress. "Mumma," her voice comes out as a complain as she stares at Ayansh with suspicion.

Ayansh's gaze snaps to Akira, his lips parting and then closing. "You're a single mother?" He gasps, surprised at the fact.

Akira blinks, offended at his tone and her face contorts into that of anger. "Out. You aren't allowed inside. Get lost," she commands rudely taking everyone present there aback.

"Akira— "

"Out!" She shuts him off. "I don't want any judgemental prick near me or my daughter— "

"When did I judge?" He whines in sheer incredulity at the wild woman who couldn't stop misunderstanding him.

"Then what was with your "you're a single mother?" tone?" She fires, exhaling sharply.

"I was just surprised." He explains, baffled. "Why would I judge you?"

"I don't know." She retorts carelessly.

"Akira," Inaaya sighs. "You need to stop being on your toes all the time. I'm sure he didn't mean it in the way you actually assumed about it."

She continues to glare pointedly at Ayansh.

"Anyways," Maya intervenes. "It's my home so, I get to decide who comes in and who doesn't." She walks over to Ayansh and offers him a kind smile. "Get inside. I'm sure you'll appreciate a little warmth."

Ayansh gives her a grateful smile in return and mouths a "thank you" and goes inside, picking up the couple of blankets that Inaaya had dropped on him last night.