Chapter 20. Dance

🎶 Yaara Re

Published on 29.11.2022

hai har ghadi woh tishnagi,
jo ek pal bhi na bujhi,
hai zindagi chalti hui,
par ye zindagi hi nahi. ❞

🥀

Maya was absolutely, completely done. She couldn't decipher if she wanted to strangle herself with one of the long ropes of cloth lying all around which was apparently called as saree or the lunatic woman who resembled nothing less than a walking-talking tornado.

"Ina, what are you even doing?" She asked tiredly for the umpteenth time, sitting with her legs folded on the floor, her shoulders slumped.

Inaaya who was rummaging through her wardrobe leaned back to peek at Maya. "Selecting a dress for the party." She repeated for the umpteenth time with the same friendly and calm demeanor.

Maya sighed loudly. "I hate this mess." She stated looking around to see gowns, sarees and so many other clothings scattered like abandoned garbage.

Inaaya clicked her tongue. "Liar," she mused and then turned to face Maya with another saree in her hand. "Hey! How's this?"

Her face contorted into a puzzled expression before changing into a disbelieved one and lastly, settling on disgust. "Aren't you supposed to wear a gown or something? Why are choosing a saree?"

Inaaya shook her head furiously, dismissing her questions. "I'm going to wear a saree." She said hurriedly. "Tell me how's it?"

"Awful." She replied pointedly and to her utter horror, Inaaya grinned.

"And what colour is this?" She waggled her brows excitedly.

Baffled, Maya's brows pinched together as she eyed the saree carefully, her face getting twisted more and more in distaste. "Brown?" She inquired.

"Blimey!" Inaaya beamed. "It's deep red but brown sounds even amazing." She looked at herself in the mirror, placing the saree over herself.

"Whatever it is, it's ugly as fuck! If you so want to wear a saree, why don't you wear," she picked the one that was lying beside her, "this silver one. It's gorgeous."

"I'm allergic to gorgeous things maybe." She replied cheekily and came to Maya, pulling her up. "Now, go out. I need to change." She dragged her out of the room while Maya kept muttering profanities on her way.

After getting changed and picking up the clothes lying on the floor and dumping them on the chair in a pile, she got out of the room.

Inaaya striked a pose in front of Maya with one hand over her waist and a broad smile. "How am I looking?"

The annoyed frown on Maya's face softened up. "Not as bad as I expected."

Her face fell at the statement and so did her hand on her waist. "That's not a good sign." She murmured to herself and got to her room.

Maya, confused by her behaviour followed her.

"What- what are you doing?" She questioned when she saw Inaaya rummaging through her wardrobe once again.