Chapter 31. Gay or Straight?

🎶 Cutiepie

Published on 24.01.2023

❝ devdaas ki tarah afsoos vo kare,
te tu hass ke innocent si shakal banaye. ❞

🥀

It was a fancy restaurant.

With dull lights giving it a cozy ambience.

With soft music being played at the right tempo.

With the centre table covered in white cloth, the black chairs placed across each other and candles arranged in lines throughout the edges of the room giving it a romantic vibe.

She entered first. Her white high heels clinking against the marble floor. The short red dress accentuated to her figure like a second skin. Her hair was left open in voluminous curls. The winged eyeliner made her eyes look sharp. Her lips coloured with a dark shade of lipstick looked so kissable. She was stunning.

And then, he entered, behind her, in a black tuxedo. He looked a bit over dressed but handsome nonetheless. He leaned forward and in a husky voice whispered, "thank you for being my date."

She was startled a little but soon the corner of her lips lifted into a gorgeous smile as she turned around, her eyes gleaming. "This is beautiful, Felix. It really is," she expresses sincerely.

His lips curve into an accomplished smile and he forwards his palm for her to place her hand in it and when she does it, he wraps his fingers around them and brings them to his lips, placing a soft kiss on her knuckles. "Pleasure is all mine, gorgeous lady." He winks at her. "If I'm suffering from tachycardia, it's all because of you Ina."

Inaaya laughs, the sound filling the room and playfully hits his arm at the cheeky line he used on her. Felix chuckles and interlaces his fingers with hers, leading her to the centre table and pulling the chair for her. She murmurs a 'thank you' and he goes over to sit across her on the other chair.

Felix then, beckons the pianist to come over. The pianist whose name was Ayansh nods and walks upto him and Inaaya looks with curiousity as Felix seems to be murmuring something in his ear. Ayansh gives Felix a bright smile and a thumbs up before rushing to his team of musicians who play music for their customers.

Inaaya waggles her brows in question but Felix simply shakes his head, not satisfying her curiosity. But she doesn't have to wait much because soon it's her favourite song that plays and her face morphs into disbelief and surprise and finally settles on happiness.

"Oh my god," she gasps. "You remembered?"

"I remember everything about you," he munbles back, staring into her eyes and outstretches his hand. "Dance?"

She happily places her left hand into his. "Sure!"

Felix snaps his fingers and the light dims further as they both make their way to the space ahead of their table. Felix wraps one of his arm around her waist and she places her other arm on his shoulder. They both dance to the tunes of Inaaya's favourite song and Ayansh happily continues to play his piano.

"Ayansh?" Felix calls him out after the dance. "Bring the food."

"Yes, Sir." He obliges and leaves the place only to bring their dinner.

The dinner consisted of all of Inaaya's favourite dishes and her heart melts at the amount of attention and importance Felix had paid to her. She was on top of the world.