Chapter 29. Across the door

🎶 Iktara

Published on 07.01.2023

❝ sunn rahi hu sudbudh khoke
koi mai kahani,
puri kahani hai kya
kise hai pata. ❞

🥀

I think I'm going to imagine Rohit Saraf and Shraddha Kapoor as Ayansh Mehra and Inaaya Rai

I think I'm going to imagine Rohit Saraf and Shraddha Kapoor as Ayansh Mehra and Inaaya Rai. What are your opinions on it? Obviously, you're free to imagine whoever you want or just nobody. Curious to know if you actually vision them as someone, lemme know! Happy reading 💓

🥀

Ayansh swallowed and his eyes softened as he gazed at her. "I know you hate staying alone," he said gently, taking her aback. "So, how could I just let you be your own?"

She was caught off-guard by that reply and her heart skipped a beat but soon the feeling subsided, making way for self-consciousness to tug at her heartstrings. "I don't hate staying alone," she said defensively, her face miffed off. "And who even told you that?"

Ayansh tucked his hands in the pocket of his sweater as his cheeks warmed up. "Akira had mentioned it during the podcast thing," he answered coyly.

Her annoyance increased. She didn't want to be babysitted by her ex boyfriend and current boss. She assessed him with a pointed glare and he certainly felt nervous under it. "And how did you know I'm alone?"

"Uhm.... I had called Maya to ask her to check on you but she said she's at a party and you refused to join so you're... you know...," he drawled, raising his shoulders.

Inaaya gritted her teeth. "Go away."

He frowned. "No."

"I'm not scared of being alone, Ayansh!" She snapped, her temper flaring.

"I never said you're scared," he responded quickly, defying her. "Look," he said in an explaining tone and she tilted her face, looking at him annoyedly. "You hate being alone. From where does that imply that you're scared of being alone?" He waggled his brows and she stared at him in disbelief.

"You— "

"Let me complete," he cut her off. "I hate Greek food but does that mean I'm scared of them?" He gazed at her with understanding.

The disbelief etched on her face morphed into horror. She was baffled by the comparison. "Ayansh," she started in a no-nonsense tone, "I'm not in a good mood and the reason is you," she says blatantly. "So, kindly go away instead of making it worse."