Chapter 33. Dirty little secret

🎶 Jaan Nisaar

Published on 01.02.2023

❝ kyu itna hua hai tu khafa,
hai zid kis baat ki teri,
ke maaregi zyada mujhe maut se
naarazgi teri. ❞

🥀

Inaaya was a hypocrite.

She said she was fine, that nothing affected her much, that she didn't care enough but it didn't take her more than another day to change her stance.

Sameer had managed to track down the person who had snapped those pictures and exchange it with the media for money. Sameer paid a hefty sum to make them pull down those articles which were circulating. Ayansh's PR was in full action to cover up for the mess and bury down the rumours before more people took notice of it. Everything seemed to be coming back to normal, atleast from afar.

The world somehow had been silenced but the people around her who weren't oblivious? Not so much. If anything, the hushed whispers felt like echoing screams, assumptions made and judgements passed made her feel disgusted, those aversive looks sent her way made her want to shrink and disperse. She knew in the back of her mind that this won't last more than a few days but it was getting unbearable and it had just been two days.

Ayansh had messaged her, called her, tried to approach her in the office and she managed to avoid them all. If she felt mentally exhausted earlier, she felt she was on the verge of a breakdown now.

It was triggering, the words, the comments.

Freeloader.

First, get the company as a charity and then, get a female employee to satisfy your needs.

Do you really think Inaaya is that kind of girl? What if he's blackmailing and dominating her? He's powerful afterall.

She's ambitious so it isn't surprising that she grabbed the offer presented to her.

No wonder she was selected to attend the conference in India. The boss needs his toy to keep him entertained.

He doesn't do girlfriends, my foot! I'm sure he must have been involved with several other women behind closed doors and who knows, how many of them were actually forced into it.

Manwhore!

I was giving him benefit of doubt but his silence is a proof that we all ain't completely wrong.

Broken trust can be mended, atleast to an extent if not completely but how do you restore the lost respect? How do you make people respect you again after falling so low in their eyes? Is it even possible? Inaaya didn't have an answer to that.

A decision had to be made, a decision was made.

She knew she was being impulsive, she knew she might regret it later but for now, she just wanted to escape. She wanted to shut everyone up and this felt like the only way to do it. She couldn't tell them about what Ayansh and her shared because what was she supposed to tell? How was she supposed to explain the complicated web that they were tangled in? And why was she even expected to try to explain it to the people who had no business knowing what equation they shared? They didn't deserve it. Nobody did.

Sameer informed Ayansh that Inaaya wants to meet him and it was important. She was waiting outside his office, preparing herself to not let anything make her waver on her decision and just get done with it for once and for all.

And that's how she found herself in front of Ayansh in his cabin during the office hours with an envelope in her hand.

Ayansh furrowed his brows, his eyes falling on the envelope and then, moving back to meet her gaze. "What's this?" He asks as she forwards it.