Chapter 9

Rusty POV

After tons of shopping and lots of frozen yogurt, we headed over to the movie theater on the top floor. While in the lobby I could of swore I saw Zack and some red head. But I know he has better sense than that.

I walked up to the booth and asked for two adults to Unfriended.

"That will be $17. 38." The nice old lady said. Never in my life have I seen an old lady work at a movie theater. I handed her the money and she gave me the tickets.

"You want some popcorn or maybe a drink?" I asked Emerald.

"A red slushy would be fine. Thank you." She said in a daze.

I looked in the direction that she was staring at and sure enough, it was that red head I saw with him earlier.

I handed Emerald the movie tickets and marched over to them.

When I got close enough I moved the red head out the way while saying,"excuse me sweetheart." And punched Zack in his nose with all my might. And with that he fell to the floor.

"Asshole!" I said as my adrenaline rushed.

"Rusty!" Emerald yelled. "O my goodness. What did you do?" Emerald panicked.

"I taught this jerk a lesson. Now come on let's go." I said as I grabbed her arm.

After the movie.
Narrator POV
After the movie it was 7:00. Emerald had to get home to help her mom with chores. They both walked awkward silent towards the exit.

When they got out side, Emerald was the first to speak. "I'm grateful to have a friend who would do that for me."

"So your not mad?" Rusty questioned.

"Hell no. Why would I be mad?" Emerald said.

"I dunno." Rusty replied as he opened the car door for Emerald. She got in and he closed the door. He then jogged to the other side and got in.
I love this boy. Emerald thought.

Sorry for the late update. I have no explanation. But bye