Chapter 21

Emeralds POV

"Who was that?" Rusty asks.

"Zack." I say walking into the bathroom.

"Why is he texting you?" Rusty questions. I hear the anger in his voice rise.

"I bumped into his at the coffee shop. I'm giving his a second chance.

"What? Fuck no!" He replies as I wash my hands.

"Rusty come on. Everyone deserves second chances." I say walling over to him.

"Not Zack. He's the asshole that hurt you. I'm not letting you get hurt again." He states getting closer to me.

"Don't call him that. He's not a villain. He's a person with feelings and emotions." I say.

"Yeah well he failed to realise that you are a person with feelings and emotions too." Rusty says pacing in a small circle.

"You can't keep on thinking you can protect me. I'm going to make my mistakes that have my own consequences. You can't always protect me." I say.

"Why not?" He mumbles.

"But Rusty listen. He actually had a legit excuse." I say.

"And why is he just now getting to you about this excuse, huh. All this time he could of told you but he waits until he bumps into you unexpectedly at a coffee shop?! He's a jerk." He yells.

"He's not a jerk!" I scream.

"He needs to jerk himself away from you. He doesn't deserve you. You deserve so much better." He says while his features soften and he kneels down next to me as u stare at my hands.

"I'm going to sleep now. I'm tired." I say not feeling like talking anymore. I walk over to my comforter and pull it back. I get in and pull it over my shoulder.

A second later I watch the TV and lights get turned off and then the other side of my bed getting sunk in.

"Goodnight Emerald." He says.

"Goodnight Rusty." I reply.

_________________________________________
ËÑD ØF ÇHÅPTËR.