Chapter 20

Emeralds POV

I arrived at my house and went upstairs to take a quick shower. When I came out I got dressed in some black boy shorts from Victoria's Secret and put on an off the shoulder baggy short sleeve purple shirt. After I finished getting dress I turned on Netflix and went downstairs to pop some popcorn and grab some snacks. I put the bag of popcorn in the microwave and grabbed chips, cheezits, mud buds and some cookies out of the cabinets. I then grabbed the 2 liter of Sprite out of the fridge. I took the popcorn out and poured it in a bowl. Then I carried everything upstairs to my room.

When I set everything up on my nightstand and everything, I heard a knock on the front door. I ran downstairs and greeted Rusty with a smile.

Rusty's POV

I knocked on Emeralds door waiting for her to answer. 5 seconds later the door swung open and she had the biggest smile on her face. It melted my heart seeing her happy. I couldn't help but smile back. She looked beautiful. Her skin was glowing, her curls were tied back in a bun and she looked like she tried to dress sloppy but to me, I like when she dresses laid back.

I engulfed her in a hug.

I let go and closed the front door. We raced up to her room. I was in the lead when I got to the bottom of the steps she tripped me, making me fall on my side. I quickly recovered and grabbed her right leg when she was almost to the top. I pulled her back some and ran up the steps and made it to her bed untouched. She came in seconds later laughing her ass off. She looked so hot, strands of her hair fell out of messy bun.

She closed the door behind her as she entered and played down next to me, reaching for the remote. She turned up American Horror Story. We decided to rewatch it from the very beginning.

After about 15 minutes of watching in silence, she spoke up.

"I'm really sorry she did that to you." She said sitting up looking back on the head board.

"Its not like its your fault." I said putting my arm behind my head, not taking my eyes off the screen.

"Yeah but I can't help but feel like I could of prevented this." She continued. That caught my attention. I sat all the way up, leaning back on the head board staring intensely in her eyes.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I asked, curious of what she was going to say next.

"Nothing never mind just forget about it." She said shaking her head.

"No wait te-" just then her phone chimed meaning a text message.

She picked up the phone and looked at the screen. Her fingers quickly parted against the glass. After pushing send, she set her phone back down and got up to use the bathroom.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Zack." She replied nonchalantly.

Vote. Comment. Fan. Love ya. God bless!