Chapter 12

Emerald's POV

It kind of hurt me that Rusty just blew me off like that. Never has he ever done that. But I figured I'm just over exaggerating. I guess I'm being to butt hurt over it.

I got out of bed and I heard a knock on my door and then the door open.

It was Rusty. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my robe and headed for the bathroom.

"Wait Emerald. Let me explain." He pleaded grabbing my arm.

"Mmmm how about no." I said as in a sarcastic tone and snatched my arm away.

"Please! I have a good excuse." He said coming closer to me. Towering me with his green giant self.

"Ughhhh fine. But it better be a good reason." I said.

"It is. Okay so you know that girl you met yesterday in the hallway. Janise." He asked.

"Mhmm." I said a little confused.

"Yea so she asked me out on a date. Well I don't know really what to call---" he tried.

"O my gosh RUSTY! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME." I said embracing him.

"I don't know." He said. "Your..your..ki...nd..of..cho..king...me." He said in between breathes.

"Oh I'm sorry. How did it go?! Tell me everything!" I said sitting down on my window seat, patting the spot next to me signaling for him to sit down. And so he explained to me everything that happened. I tried to be optimistic about it. Trying to think on the brighter side of things.

"Maybe she was having a bad day, or..or..on her period or something. Just try a second date." I told him.

"I don't know if she wants a second date after that." He said.

"Well it doesn't hurt to try. So just try hun. Hey I got to hop in the shower. We're running late. While I'm in there, call her and ask her to dinner or something. Okay? Okay." I said heading into the bathroom and closing the door.

"Thanks Emerald. You're the best." He said.

"I know right!" I yelled over the water.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rusty POV

I was in Emerald's kitchen when she walked downstairs. She was wearing a white shirt that said ARMY in big camouflage letters with black pants and brown Timberlands.

"So what did she say?" Emerald said, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh um she was hesitant at first but eventually said yes."

"That's great! YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! Yasss." She said dancing and I couldn't help to laugh.

"Come on." I said grabbing her hand and my keys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When we got to school, I met Janise by my locker. She was applying lip gloss, looking in her camera.

"Go get your girl." Emerald said whispering in my ear and and giving me a little push. I readjusted my book bag strap and went over to her.

"Hey so our date later tonight." She looked up at me and smiled.

"It's a pretty fancy place so I would dress up a little." I said hinting to the other night.

"Okay. I have the perfect outfit. I can't wait." She said and kissed me. It was a short kiss but still great. Her lip gloss threw it off a little bit. But still great. I really like this girl. I just hope tonight goes okay.