Chapter 17

Emeralds POV

I woke up and turned to the other side of me and found an empty spot. I was disappointed to not find Rusty there but I figured his mom probably called him home or something. I got and stretched. I walked down stairs and was instantly hit with the smell of eggs, bacon, and biscuits. You can never go wrong with that combination.

"Ooh mama, what you cooking?" I asked mama kissing her on her cheek.

"Food. " She laughed. "I figured you could use some before you go to hang out with The Dwinkliy's." She said, looking at me with her big brown eyes.

"Ugh mama, I-" She cut me off.

"Please, I'll buy you anything you want." She said putting down her spatula and coming over to where I was sitting on the counter.

"Anything?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yes, anything." She said.

"Then yes." I said. The Dwinkly's are a very nice family. Very. Sometimes even to nice, but here's the thing, I tutor there oldest son in English and he just doesn't get it sometimes. Yes he's sweet and nice and all but he takes extra work and attention. Some days I just don't feel like doing it.

Mama brung my plate over and kissed me on the forehead, "Thanks honey." She said.

======================================

When I got to the Dwinklies house, their youngest kids, twins, were riding on their bikes. "Hey Emma." Bryan said. He had dark brown hair and green eyes.

"Hey Bryan." I said back as he gave me a hug. "Hey Ryan." I said to the girl twin. She had brown hair with blonde highlights and her too had green eyes.

When I went into the house, Jacob ,the guy I tutor, was waiting for me at the door.

"Hey." He said pulling me in for a hug.

"Hey." I replied.

"You look amazing, like always. Too cliche?" He laughed.

"No not at all." I laughed. He kept staring at me with his beautiful green eyes. Shut up Emerald. Remember, you might have a thing with Rusty. I shook my head.

"So, shall we get started?" I said.

"Yea." He replied. We walked up to his room. And closed the door.

15-20 minutes later

"Okay? So that's a proper pronoun." I said.

"Okay, I need help on my vocab words." He said pulling out the papers.

"Okay, so how I study my vocab is I do the ones I know, then the ones I have trouble with, I write those 10 times over in blue pen." I said grabbing my notebook from my bag and a blue pen.

"Why blue,?" He asked.

"Well scientists say blue helps you memorize better." I said.

"You're so smart and beautiful at the same time." He said. Making me blush.

"Well thank you." I smiled. "Okay so let's go over the ones you know."

He ruffled his dark brown hair. His hair is like, ughhhhhhhh. It's just perf. It's about an inch or two in the front and cut on the sides. He does not apply any applicator in it or anything. We heard a knock on the door and his mom came in with cold bottled water for us both.

"Here you guys go. Our air conditioner is acting up so it's a little bit dry in here." She said handing the waters to us.

"Thank you, Mrs. Dwinkly." I said.

"No problem." She said and then left closing the door behind her.

"Okay, back to work." I said and then Jacobs phone beeped. He looked at it and then replied.

"Hey, no, can you like turn that off, I'm trying to learn." I said and we busted out laughing. "But no really, who was that?" I said taking a sip of my water.

"Oh that was Janice." He said and immediately I spit out my water all over him. His shirt was soaked.

"I am so sorry." I said standing up. "It's fine, Ill just change it." He smiled and then took off his shirt. And as soon as he did, his rock hard 6-pack caught my eye.

"Woah." I said in a low whisper.

He started to laugh.

"Um yea back on my train of thought." I said still staring. "How do you know Janice?" I asked.

"Oh, she's my girlfriend." He said putting another shirt on.

====================================== A/N: CLIFFHANGER! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT SO FAR. I'LL BE UPDATING TOMORROW. THANKS FOR READING. GOD BLESS. LOVE YA!