Chapter 19

Emeralds POV

It was Zack. I just stood there in awe. “Oh no it’s fine, I don’t mind bumping into you.” He chuckled making me giggle but go back to being serious.

“Care to sit  with me?” He questioned.

“Oh um...are you oblivious to the conflicts we had between us?” I said rather rudely on accident.

“Well I was hoping we could work it out. I really like you Emerald.” He said sounding sincere.

“You didn’t even tell me that you weren’t going  to show up.” I said crossing my arms.

“Please just sit down with me. I’ll explain it all. I had to go to an unexpected funeral and I couldn’t handle talking to any body when I heard who it was.” He said with pleading eyes.

I was instantly taken back. “Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Here I am being a huge turd over here and I didn’t even ask for your explanation. But I actually came here for something else, but  let’s talk tomorrow okay? You know my number. I’ll unblock you.” I said and laughed, so did he.

“Okay, It was nice seeing you.” He said. Then he did the unexpected and hugged me. I enhaled his masculine scent and hugged back.

“You too.” I smiled pulling away.

“Hey Emerald. What you doing here?” Rusty says from behind the counter making me snap away from my glaze at Zack.

“Rusty I need to talk to you about something really important.” I said as Zack walked away.

AT THE COFFEE PLACE…

“So I’m not the only one?” He said in disbelief.

“No.” I replied sadly. He just sat there and stared at his coffee for like 5 minutes until I spoke up.

“Rusty, I’m really sorry this happened to you. You don’t deserve this. You deserve so much better.” I said grabbing his large hands in mine.

“Thanks. Um can I crash at your place tonight? I really don’t want Allison to make my mood even more worse.” He said looking at me letting out a deep breath.

“Sure. No problem. I’ll text my mom so she doesn’t freak out.” I said grabbing my phone from my jacket pocket. I clicked the power button and saw that I had a new message. I opened the message and read ‘Can’t wait to see you tomorrow at school. So we on for lunch? By the way, you looked petty today ;)’.

I was going to tell Rusty that me and Zack are going to try and start over, but I didn’t want to do anything that would upset him right now. I shot a quick text to my mom telling her Rusty’s spending the night.

“Is your shift over?” I asked him.

“Yeah, so I’ll go home and grab some clothes and I’ll be at your house in around 30.” He said getting up and getting his keys out of pocket.

“Okay.” I say while doing the same. I walk over to him and envelope him in a hug. He was reluctant at first and then he slowly put his arms around my back. After standing there for like 30 seconds, I pulled away and headed to my car.

“See you later.” I yelled from my window.

“See you later.” He repeated. And with that I drove off.
==============================================================================
A/N: HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE MY STORY SO FAR. COMMENT VOTE AND FAN. GOB BLESS YA LOVLIES.