chapter 33

Emilia stared at the lake, terrified when she remembered last time she was near one.

Damon wrapped his arm around her shoulder "I won't let anything happen to you" he said firmly. He wasn't even going to let her out of his sight when they were outside.

"Are you okay bambina" Alesandro fussed.

"I'm fine. You weren't kidding about the forest" she said directing the first part to Alesandro and the second part to Damon. She was trying to change the topic.

"No I wasn't" Damon replied.

"I suppose this is where you hide all the bodies of your victims" she said like it was nothing.

"Not at all. I'm not your average predictable serial killer. I like to get creative and burn my victims till there is nothing left and with the bones that remain I crush them " Damon said without missing a beat.

His family stared at him in horror. His brothers in horror that he had told her that, his father more angry because he took their joke to far in a way. Emilia was disturbed by it.

"Rightttt. Um I'm going to go over there" she said causiously walking away from him. Antonio's words about him being part of the Mafia came to mind.

"I'm not that much of a psycho Emilia" Damon said.

"Only a psycho would say that" Emilia pointed out.

"Damon I don't want you speaking like that again" Alesandro said firmly speaking in Italian.

"She started it" Damon muttered

"Does it look like I care if she started it. You took it too far"

Damon nodded knowing he did take it to far in a way.

"Right bambina follow me I'll show you to your room" Alesandro said speaking a lot more softly.

"How come I have a room when I've never been here" she asked following her dad.

"Well any property I purchase, I have always made sure there was extra bedrooms so if one day I did you get you back you had a room" he explained.

He loved Emilia he really did but it was killing him to exclude Lexi.

Yes he knew she was dangerous, she had done so many terrible things and he could never forgive her.

But throughout the years he had always hoped he would get both his girls back.

Clearly that wasn't the case.

Emilia was shocked by his words but it made her smile. She really wished Alice had never taken her away.

"This is your room"

Emilia was even more shocked to see it wasn't just decorated like a guest room.
It had little touches to make it more personal.

"Yeah we tend to update the rooms...room each year" he muttered as an explanation.

They spent winter up here every year so they would spend a day adding things too both rooms to make it personal for the girls. They did it this way since they didn't want them coming back to a room that wasn't age appropriate or a plain guest room. Alesandro made sure the rooms were constantly updated.

Emilia understood why he said rooms and realized how hard it probably was for him.
"Thank you dad" she whispered and hugged him.

"Just a little longer, please?" Alesandro asked when she was about to pull away.

Emilia happily kept hugging him.

Once they parted Alesandro became a little more serious "okay so it's your first time up here so we will be going into town tommorow to pick up food and anything else. Then you can explore and do whatever. Monday we will be going on a hike though, are you okay to do that"

Emilia remembered Damon's words and then she remembered her own. "Yeah that's fine"

"Also as you know I'm not one for rules but it might interest you to know I do have a few for the boys" Alesandro added.

Emilia was confused as to why they had rules, would she get given the rules? What were they?

"It's nothing for you to worry about. They are mainly rules for Damon. You see whenever we go away rule 1 is no work unless it's absolutely necessary, rule 2 no suits" Alesandro continued.

Emilia was shocked. Damon without a suit was extremely rare. Damon not doing any work for 5 days was even rarer.

"Do I have any" she asked once she got over the shock.

"No of course not although I don't want you going into the forest alone, simply because I don't want you getting lost" he told her.

Later that evening.

The family we're all sat outside with hot chocolate or coffee just simply talking.

Damon of course made sure he was sat next to Emilia. Even though there was no danger he was extremely protective of her right now.

They were currently discussing everything they would do in the next few days.

Sunday they were going into town.

Monday hike

Tuesday they could split up and do whatever.

Wednesday morning hike then leave in the afternoon.

Emilia shivered as she pulled the blanket she had over her closer.

Damon instantly noticed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder "we can go inside if you're cold" he whispered so only she heard.
"I'm okay" she whispered back.

Damon smiled and nodded.

The family continued to talk late into the night until finally Alesandro clasped his hands together "bedtime kids" he said

"Yeah kids of you go to bed" Mason teased knowing his younger brothers didn't like being referred to as kids.

"No all of you. You are all my kids. We have a long day ahead and you all need a good sleep. Especially you Damon, you need to rest" Alesandro said, he had developed a habit of fussing over Damon due to he only recently woke up.

"I'm 25 dad, I don't need a bedtime" Damon stated.

"I won't hear any excuses you have been driving all day you need to rest"

Damon rolled his eyes in response.

"Goodnight dad" Emilia said first she was genuinely tired so she didn't argue, she stood up and moved to hug Alesandro.

Alesandro gladly accepted the hug "goodnight bambina, I'll come and check on you in a little while " he told her wanting to give her time to get ready for bed before he went and said goodnight from her room.

She nodded and left , Damon got up and followed her.

"Stalking me again " Emilia asked

"Just wanted to make sure you got in okay" he replied.

"The door is littered several steps away" Emilia replied.

"Just let me do this okay" Damon said.

Emilia nodded and made the journey into the house with Damon following her.

"Damon what's going on why are you doing this" Emilia asked once they reached her roo .

"I just want you safe"

.

It's almost 2am and I'm here writing 🙄😂😂

but just wanted to make this note. Is there anything you want to see them do during this mini break. I do plan for them to have a day by the lake at some point.

Also once they get back, Antonio will be invited for dinner but just as a friend. Alesandro wants to make sure he doesn't hurt her on a friend level since she's one of her main friends and he knows they are close. And of course if he didn't think Antonio was a good person he would try stop the friendship in fear there will be another Luca situation.

Also Damon is currently still planning an attack on his enemy so the surveillance and planning will probably be out of the story first