chapter 56

Sooooo it's early morning and I can't sleep so you get another chapter.
Also for everyone who thinks Alesandro is being too hard on her...he gave her a chance to explain. He tried to understand why but he saw she lied
Also it's about the danger she put herself in too. Now as for Damon he's not as understanding...

Emilia and Antonio were walking to lunch and Emilia was telling Antonio of what happened last night.

"Ok that was dangerous but you actually met the boss" Antonio knew it wasn't his place to lecture her about anything dangerous she did although he was concerned and worried. However he was still in disbelief too, she had actually met the most feared man in Italy, in the underworld. Maybe the world.

After all everyone knew you couldn't run from the Mafia boss. If he wanted you dead you could move to the oppersite side of the world and he would find you. He had contacts all over the world. Sure there were other Mafias but none as powerful as this one.

"How was he? He didn't hurt you did he?"  Antonio said.

"He was scary but no he didn't hurt me
I'm just glad it wasn't Damon or any of my family. Although they are pissed at me for going out" she told him.

How wrong she was.

"Hey Em" Zach said approaching them as he entered the lunch room at the same time.

The two cousins greeted each other and Zach followed her to their table were their other friends were waiting.

Like most lunch times Emilia noticed her brothers glancing every now again.

Antonio and Emilia shared a look and nodded. Antonio slipped his arm over Emilia and leaned in "I'm sure this will get his attention" he whispered making Emilia smile "definitely and when he comes over..." She continued.
"I can't wait" Antonio said.

They were trying to get Sophia and Dante together. And yet Emilia found herself feeling safe when Antonio put his arm around her.

They needed Dante to come over. He noticed his sister and Antonio but only glared then went back to talking to his friends.

"Why isn't he falling for it" Emilia asked confused.

"Maybe he doesn't mind us being like this" Antonio suggested because he knew from a far how it looked. Not that he minded how it looked.

Even their friends were glancing but they were used to it. All their friends were just waiting for them to realise their feelings for each other.

"But we need him to..." Emilia started
"Come over" Antonio finished his sentence.

"Do you trust me" Antonio said.

Emilia nodded, not sure where it was going.

Antonio pulled her closer to him and whispered "I hope I'm not making you feel uncomfortable" Emilia smiled because she realised how toxic Luca had been compared to Antonio. She never felt this comfortable with Luca, she never felt like this at all.

Apparently the space was an issue because Dante pushed his latest girl off him and went over to them.

"Shouldn't you guys interact with your other friends too" Dante snapped.

"Sophia doesn't mind do you?" Antonio said purposely bringing Sophia into the conversation.

"Not at all, why do you care how close they sit when you had a girl practically on top of you" Sophia responded.

"Watching me now are you?" Dante turned his attention to Sophia.

"Not at all, just hard not to notice the staring" she replied.

Before Dante could respond a guy came up to the table "are we still on for tonight Sophia" he asked to which Dante glared at the boy and Sophia nodded "of course" she replied. The boy quickly scurried off "where are you going" Dante asked
"Out with a classmate" Sophia said and continued her conversation with her friends.

Dante looked annoyed and Emilia found herself regretting the plan but then she wouldn't have been close to Antonio like she currently was.

"Keep your hands to yourself kid" Dante said getting slightly protective of Emilia.

"Sure....if Emilia agrees. Emilia would you like me to remove my arm"  Antonio responded.

It suprised Dante a little but he kept his annoyed expression.

Emilia didn't want him to remove his hand but she had dissapointed her father, angered Damon. She didn't want to annoy Dante.
She was about to take the risk of annoying Dante though however she remembered the talk she had with her father.

So she nodded.

Unlike Luca who always kept an arm around her or on her , Antonio instantly removed his arm and moved slightly away from her. 

Dante smirked and walked away happy with himself.

Emilia and Antonio were pleased with themselves as they saw how Dante looked at Sofia when the guy approached

Their last class of the day was criminology and the teacher talked about organised crime again. Emilia was already on edge when she heard they like to kidnap.
It did get her thinking though. Henry was into some dodgy stuff, he kidnapped her so was he in a organised crime group.

She must have zoned out because the next thing she heard was.
"Next week, we will be going through child abuse so this is a pre warning to everyone"

At this it was like her world stopped. She could hear her heart beat. Her breathing got quicker. She couldn't.

Antonio saw this and quickly raised his hand "yes Antonio" the teacher said.

"Emilia and I are suppose to go see the principal please may we be excused"

The class was ending soon so the teacher nodded. Antonio picked his bag and emilias and grabbed her hand. The two left and were in the empty halls.

"Why did they hurt me, was I not good enough. Why?" She broke down.

"You're good enough. They were terrible people, you have your father and brothers who love you" Antonio began knowing about her past.

"My dad or Damon aren't happy " she mumbled as he hugged her.

"Well you did a dangerous thing but they love you. They won't hurt you like that" he hugged her tighter.

After several words of encouragement, Emilia began to calm down "thank you Antonio" she whispered resting her head on him as they hugged.

Ok so the panic attack wasn't well written but I'm half asleep by the end of writing this. It might have seen random compared to the rest of the chapter but I wanted to show just because she's joking and stuff with her friends, she is still not over the abuse.

Also I was thinking of her meeting mafia Damon again.....