chapter 91

Ok so I know the last chapter was labelled chapter 91 but this is back on plot.
I'm not back to regular updates , I've got so much on with uni and my mental health is shit but Im trying to write a new update as a distraction so I apologize in advance as it's not going to be the best chapter, also again it's not the final chapter.

I don't have the energy to write the final chapter so it's going to be quite short I guess?

Recap - grandparents have just arrived for lunch.
Carlos had officially called Emilia EMI after stating he didn't use nicknames.

Alesandro smiled as he watched his children and his parents. His family.

He was never meant to have twins.  It was a suprise for everyone. He could remember how the doctors had explained how he didn't realise, Emilia had apparently always been hidden on the scans, they knew it was Emilia simply because she came out smaller .

They were never meant to have twins.

It was always meant to be his boys and his daughter.

When he found out he had two daughters, he was thrilled.

But the doctors were right.

Only they predicted it to be the wrong twin.
It was meant to be his boys and Emilia.

Rose and Carlos never even acknowledged Lexi
Carlos had gone back to the nickname.

The nickname all his granddad children envied when they were younger, they never got given nicknames.
Only Emilia, or as Carlos called her , Emi.

Of course despite Damon being ordered to stay, he had his laptop out and was working.

Emilia was warning up to her grandparents quickly, they were really nice, even Carlos, when she first met the man she thought he was going to be cruel. But he wasn't.

He was currently telling Emilia a story all his grandchildren had heard, only Emilia was interested. The rest of the boys zoned out.

"Can't you tell a different story"  Dante asked.

"Shut up Dante, I'm enjoying the story" Emilia responded.

"I'm glad. At least I have one grandchild who finds my stories interesting" he said.
"Give it a month Em and you'll feel the same as us" Matteo joined in.

"You two can shut up" Carlos said making Mason smirk. "Yeah boys, respect him" Mason was quite enjoying seeing his brothers sulk.

They were on the verge of being scolding by their grandfather and no one wanted to be scolded by him.
Alesandro was more laid back but when he wasnt happy with his kids he made sure they knew he wasn't. Carlos was worse.

Lunch was soon ready after that, made my Alesandro so Emilia was the first to compliment him on it....naturally.
Matteo and Dante were still a mix between sulking and annoyed. Mason was watching them with a smug grin.

And as always Damon had a cold menacing expression. He had parted with his laptop to say but would be getting back to work once he had eaten.

It wasn't like he was purposely being cold. It was just his way of dealing with stuff. He didn't want to snap so he distant.
He had slot going on
From enemies, to his ex who tried to kill him. And of course Henry  who he had tortured with Alesandro finishing him off a few days ago.  And then there was the mole situation. He didn't have time to be nice. He had let his guard down way to many times
That wasn't him. He was a cold hearted killer nothing about him was described as him being a nice man.

He ran the underworld, he didn't have time for weaknesses.

But of course his family was always his weakness.
Even months ago when he thought it was Dante who tried to hurt Emilia. He would have still protected Dante to his death.

He was a ruthless man, he didn't take no for a anwser, if you denied him, he wouldn't hesitate to kill you. Yet if you had him on your side, he would risk his life protecting you. He just didn't show how much he really cared.

Bonus section below . Not relevant to the storyline but plays a part in the third book.

Damon hated everyone, he had tried to kill her, hell he had ordered her to be killed, yet each time he stopped it. He wasn't one for weaknesses and he would never admit it. She was just a stupid annoying woman but despite everything she did, every insult, every action. He would never admit it.
She had him wrapped around her finger.
He was on her side.

Of  course he didn't acknowledge these feelings.