chapter 61

Damon was a terrifying man...maybe terrifying was an understatement but even he didn't want to get on his father's bad side.

And that's exactly where he was. His father was furious at the danger he had put Emilia in.

Damon quietly accepted it as he knew how reckless and stupid he had been.

He promised he would protect her and each time he made that promise he failed. He wasn't one to break his promises but he always failed. He could never protect her.

It was now Friday morning, and the first thing Mason did after his younger siblings went to school was confront Damon.

"What the fuck is going on, she's barely speaking to you" he wanted to know what had happened.

They had hugged yesterday before she went to school but apart from that she was avoiding him.

"A few nights ago she snuck out. Dad grounded her but I wanted to show her the danger she was in so we went for a drive. I dropped her off close to home told her she could walk from there" Damon began.

"Are you insane. Of course she wasn't going to go straight home"

"I know. That's why I had someone follow her so she was safe. I then switched into mafia boss persona and we were talking but then there was an attack"

"Why didn't you say I could have come with you. You both could have been hurt. Wait was she hurt?"

"No. I spotted them pushed her into the alley next to us. I didn't have time to check if the alley was safe. It wasn't safe. This homeless man was there. He only tugged at her clothes but I think that was enough to trigger her"

"Triggered"  Mason questioned.

Damon realised he fucked up. Mason didn't know the extent of the trauma.

Mason however took the lack of response as a confirmation. His eyes darkened "who" he anwsered darkly, he looked like he was ready to kill.

"Henry"

"And the bastard is still alive, oh how I'm going to enjoy my day"  Mason walked off after that. He was out for blood.

(Can't remember If Mason knew it was sexual abuse too but he knows now)

Meanwhile at school throughout the day Emilia was trying her best to appear like herself but she wasnt coping.

Her life was a mess. She felt like she could always rely on Antonio and Sophia though. They were her closest friends. However with the pressure of classes ect, Antonio had been partnered with a girl named Lilly. They spent there time in the library getting the project finished so Antonio wasn't about much. He always knew what to do.

Sophia was still about but she had gone out with a guy and he had now joined the group.

At lunch time she was greatful for Zach. She couldn't help but lay her head on his shoulder as they conversed with everyone.
Zach noticed instantly that his cousin was going through something but he knew school was no place to ask.

"Is Antonio with Lilly again" Evan asked.

No one in the group was fond of her however Emilia found herself feeling a little jealous.

She knew or at least hoped it was just for a project but he spent alot of time with her.
Maybe she felt a little insecure because Lilly was everything she wasn't.

She knew she couldn't like Antonio like that. He saw her as a friend and only a friend. But thinking about Antonio was better than thinking about the man.