chapter 52

This takes place once Sophia and Antonio go home. So after the hand thing Antonio and Emilia found Sophia and they all hung out together.

Emilia didn't know what to do. She had no idea how to proceed with how she felt. She liked Antonio. She always had. But the more time they spent together the more she liked him.

She usually would have gone to Damon about it but he didn't like Antonio and she understood why.

Maybe her dad would understand? He had been playing matchmaker all night with Dante.

No she couldn't go to him.

She wished she had a mother to go too. Alice always talked about boys with Lexi.

She loved her brothers and father but she knew certain topics were hard to talk  about.

She didn't bother going to anyone that evening.

However when Alesandro knocked on her door like every night at roughly the same time to say goodnight, she gladly told him he could come in.

"Hey bambina, I've come to say goodnight but also are you okay, you have been awfully quiet" he said.

"It's nothing. Just thinking"  she said. Her feelings confused her.

"What about, maybe I could help" he said not liking the thought of his daughter being alone in her own thoughts.

"Antonio. I think I might like him more than a friend but I know he only sees me as a friend and after Luca I can't...I don't want to ruin my friendship over a stupid crush" she confessed.

Alesandro sighed. He knew their was something between them but he rather just have them be friends.

He didn't want a repeat of last time. She didn't even know how abusive or toxic the relationship was. He had to talk to her about that....and have THE talk with her.

It was different with his boys, he didn't need to have the talk. He just made sure they were respectful and made it clear how consent was important.

And despite how much all the boys slept around they were respectful even Dante and Damon who went through a new girl every week almost. Girls new it was just a hook up and they were fine with it, although they got clingy they knew what they were getting themselves into.

But with Emilia he didn't know where to begin.

"Sweetheart, those feelings are perfectly normal it's getting late now but how about tommorow you and I sit down and talk things out. We can have hot chocolate if you like and you can have snacks" he offered, wanting to make the environment as comfortable as possible for her.

"Talk about what things" Emilia asked.

"Anything you'd like, and what a healthy relationship looks like, and of course consent" he said.

She quickly realised that was what Damon had told her numerous times to talk to their dad about.

"I think I'm okay" she said looking away.

Alesandro didn't know how to proceed really but this was Emilia, his Princess, he wanted her safe. "I'm sure you are okay but it would put my mind at ease and I know how awkward it might be but sweetheart I want you to know you can come to me about stuff like this"

"Okay" she agreed knowing he was right.

After saying goodnight, Alesandro walked out dreading tommorow. He knew it would be a little awkward but he didn't want to be the type of father who forbids their daughter from seeing boys. She was growing up and one toxic relationship wasn't going to stop her.