II

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Accidental Meetings

{ Rhaenyra }

✧✦✧

𝕱lying had always been one of the most freeing feelings in the world, at least in Rhaenyra Targaryen's opinion. She was constrained by many different rules, so to be able to feel free from her gilded cage for an hour or two, was a cherished feeling.

The ability to soar through the skies, weave in and out of clouds, admire the cities and the castles was a breath taking one, one that only her family was able to experience. Of course, the cold would nip at her skin and exposed features, and the saddle was not the most comfy, but that did not effect her whilst she was in the air, on one of the best dragons in the keep.

Or, maybe Rhaenyra was biased for she felt that her dragon was truly the best of all the dragons kept in Dragon pit.

"Syrax." Rhaenyra patted the left flank of her dragon, sliding down to land on her feet so that she could give the dragon another well deserved pat. Hopefully, there would be a goat waiting for the dragon inside, to reward her for her obedience during the flight, and for how well she was doing.

"Welcome back, Princess." Rhaenyra spun, pulling her glove off as she looked up at her father' Kingsguard, Ser Harrold Westerling. "I trust your ride was pleasant."

"Try not to look too relieved, Ser." Rhaenyra grinned, in a cheeky sort of manner.

"I am relieved every time that golden beast brings you back unspoilt." Rhaenyra rolled her eyes, half-skipping towards the carriage where one of her closest friends was waiting. "Saves my head from a spike."

Rhaenyra laughed at that, before turning to her friend.

Alicent Hightower was the opposite of Rhaenyra in near to every way. Where the Targaryen girl was normally dressed in her house colours of black or red, Alicent preferred the lighter colours. Where Rhaenyra was a wild card of emotions, Alicent was always calm and composed. Maybe, in some way, that was what made them such good friends, that they were opposites of each other.

"Syrax is getting big." Alicent smiled. "She'll soon be as large as Carxes."

"That is almost large enough to saddle two." Rhaenyra had been attempting to get her close friend to go flying with her for weeks now with little avail.

"I believe I am quite content as a spectator, thank you." Alicent turned, entering the carriage as Rhaenyra laughed, before turning to watch as her dragon was lead back into the pits. She sighed once more, before stepping into the carriage to start the short journey back to the Red Keep and her gilded cage.