XXVI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 | Terror

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

𝕸alkym thundered down the dimly lit corridor, pulling his armour over his head as his glare grew ever darker.

"What in the seven hells is happening here?" He threw open the doors to the main hall, Rhaenyra tight on his heels as he turned to look for his sons. Both boys were covered in blood, trembling with either anger or fear, Malkym could not tell. In that moment, all he saw was red.

"Jace. Luke." Rhaenyra and he rushed towards the boys. Jace turned, slamming into his father as Malkym pulled the boy close, hushing him softly and checking him over for cuts. Rhaenyra dropped down by their middle child, pulling Luke's hand away from his nose to examine the blood, her eyes narrowed. "Show me. Show me."

Malkym traced the bruises on Jace's face, hissing in displeasure as his son whimpered. The remainder of the court kept their eyes on Rhaenyra, waiting for the dragon to erupt.

But it was not the boys mother, who stood with eyes of cold violet, that spoke, it was their father, whose face was twisted in such displeasure that even his brother-in-laws looked away. Malkym Thorne was not someone to be trifled with and when his sons were harmed, then Malkym had no choice but to express his displeasure.

"Who did this?" His voice was deadly soft.

No one met his eyes. Rhaenyra stood, as Luke clung to his father now. They knew that, whilst Rhaenyra held the power of words and protection of being heir, Malkym would kill everyone in the room for them with his bare hands if he had to.

"Who has done this? Who has harmed my boys and why were they not brought to me first? Why were they dragged in front of the court?" He thundered, causing most in the room to jump as they twisted away from him. "They are children, mere children, and you denied them access to their parents? Answer me."

Malkym's glare was so dark that no one dared meet his eyes, trembling from his anger ridden voice. Rhaenyra stood by her husband, standing in agreement as she ran her hands through Luke's hair. Despite Malkym not being a Targaryen, he resembled a dragon in that moment, just as his wife did.

"Answer me!" Malkym thundered again, daring someone to meet his eyes.

"He attacked me!" Aemond turned, finally finding his voice and revealing a bloodied eye.

"He attacked Baela!" Jace growled, leaning around his father. The children erupted into furious squabbles as Viserys stood, turning to glare at all.

"Enough. Enough!" Viserys tried to mimic Malkym's commanding shout, but no one listened to him. "Silence!"

Donna ────── R. TargaryenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara