XIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Convincing Arguments

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

𝖂hilst Malkym knew that he was supposed to be speaking about the issues that he and Rhaenyra needed to thin on, he was more than happy to ignore them in favour of pressing more kisses to her lips, holding her close to him and making her laugh. She was intoxicating, as wine was, and every kiss that she pressed to his lips made the man fall deeper and deeper for the princess, even though he knew this was wrong.

Should anyone find them in this position, it would be considered a scandal. Malkym could be killed, Viserys would burn him alive. But, there was no one around, so illicit kisses were allowed.

"Malkym..." Rhaenyra giggled, trying to pull away, but Malkym followed her lips quickly, grinning as he kissed her again. Her lips were now swollen, cheeks flushed red and violet eyes a little unfocused. "Another moon and then we are to be married and you can kiss me as much as you want, in private and in public."

"I do not think I can wait that long. I wish to call you my darling wife now." Rhaenyra tilted her head back and laughed, as Malkym kissed her once more, "and I have to remove that vile cretin's hands and lips from your memory."

"I do believe they were gone as soon as you kissed me."

"I am just that good a kisser."

"Cocky."

"Truthful." Malkym corrected, smirking to himself.

"Come, Malkym," Rhaenyra pulled back, taking a deep breath. "Tell me what is going through your mind. What are you thinking about? I did not come here just to kiss you, I want to help you."

Rhaenyra's hands tightened in his, tracing the signet ring that sat on his finger, destined for his future heir. Malkym grew serious for a moment, shaking his head and licking his lips. 

"It is just something I have to think on. I have to decide where I stay now. My place is at Alterwoode, not King's Landing, where your place is." Malkym huffed, before settling back in his chair. "I have to make a decision, calm the lords under my command. It is just something that I have to work out what to do."

"I suppose marrying the heir to the throne does come with some downsides."

"Only one." Malkym winked at her, before sighing. "It is of no matter. It is your decision in the end where we go and live, I will not make one for the both of us."

"What?" Rhaenyra looked at him, eyebrows furrowed. "But, you have already acquired your title, I am still waiting for mine. You should make the decision."