V

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | Friendships

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

𝕿he next six months became a sort of mesh of colours and words. Malkym had the same routine day in, day out. He would wake and train for hours on end, then he would read and eat and then sleep. The only addition was, that now, instead of him doing this by himself, he had come to find that he was often accompanying a small, white haired dragon, who was prone to muttering to herself when he started to annoy her.

"You are brooding, Your Grace." Malkym called at the sight of the Targaryen woman, who span around in a whirlwind of white and red. Her brooding features softened for a moment, a brief smile appearing, before it hardened into the face she showed all around her.

"Why did you not put yourself forward for the Kingsguard?" Rhaenyra questioned.

"Because I would prefer to enjoy my life, father children, own my own land and so forth." Malkym was confused. "Have you been picking the new Kingsguard member?"

"Aye and all were tourney knights bar Ser Criston Cole." Malkym groaned, scoffing in annoyance at the thought of the other man. "You do not like him? This is not anything to do with you letting him beat you at the tourney."

"It might have something to do with that." Malkym shrugged. "Men's egos are fickle things."

"Yours included?"

"Most certainly." Malkym nodded sagely. "I do not like when people rid me of the honour of winning for the princess who blessed me with her favour. It makes me look bad."

"Yes, I do suppose even my competitiveness was hoping for a win that day." Rhaenyra hummed in agreement, before waving her hand as if to say, no matter. "But he will be a good addition to the Kingsguard."

"I hope so. If not, an unfortunate accident might befall him." He broke out of laughing as Rhaenyra batted his arm, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. "What?"

"You can not plot murder in front of me."

"Oh but you can threaten to burn me alive? That is not fair!"

"I am the heir to the Iron Throne." Rhaenyra protested. "I can do what I wish."

"And that makes it all better?" She smacked him again as the man laughed. "I jest, I jest. You are not allowed to burn me. I still have your favour from the tourney."

"You will not have it for long." Rhaenyra hissed, as Malkym tried to get away, dodging the smaller girl's attempts to grab him. He dodged from side to side nimbly as she attempted to snatch at him. "Stay still."

"No." Malkym laughed, twisting once more, before Rhaenyra finally managed to grab onto the man and hold him in one place, grinning madly at the elder boy in front of her. His heart fluttered at her little grin, before he winked. "There's the smile."