XVIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Quietness

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

𝕽haenyra was never truly this quiet. It had left Malkym disturbed by it, if he was being entirely truthful.

Their wedding had been filled with drama, leading to the pair to be married before the seven days of festivities could have even started. Once it had been confirmed that it was in fact Ser Criston Cole who had attempted to attack him, the couple had demanded that he'd be stripped of his titles but Alicent had stepped forward and spoken up for him, protecting the shamed knight. Apparently the Hightower influence held more weight that the heirs, which had led to dark curses and muttered threats from the entire Thorne family, Rhaenyra included.

Malkym had threatened an accident, but Rhaenyra had stopped him. They had seven more day in King's Landing, plus a few more, and then they returned to Alterwoode. 

They had been forced to go about the seven days of festivities as if all was well, before they held yet another wedding on the seventh day to appease the lords and ladies of the court. Malkym's only happiness had lied in seeing Rhaenyra in her true wedding dress, aptly called the dress of diamonds. It was made of glimmering silver and white, crystals interlaced in her hair, which had been left down, and a glimmering tiara perched atop her head. Diamonds were embedded in the dress, seemingly like tiny dragon scales, reflecting the light as she walked through the Sept. He had been stunned, so much so, that Rhaenyra had to pinch his hand multiple times before he had been able to speak.

If he was not so in love with her, it would have been embarrassing. 

For once, their wedding feast had gone off without a hitch, with both being able to dance together once more, though her father was not their to witness it, confined to his bed. Malkym had watched Rhaenyra dance with his brothers, all the while praying they weren't revealing all of his terrible stories, before the call had finally come for the bedding ceremony and he had been pulled away from her.

It had been a shame to see Rhaenyra out of the dress, but it had been more than easy for him to fall back into her arms once more. He'd ignored all the calls and taunts outside the doors (which were quickly silenced once Calym and Michayl chased them away), and even the next morning, it was even more simple to nick his hand again and spill blood across the bed sheets in an effort to make it seem like he had taken away her purity.

Rhaenyra had snorted at the concept before going back to her quiet brooding.

Both had their reasonings for the brooding, but Malkym hated seeing his darling dragon like this. The entire ride back to Alterwoode was filled with the same quiet brooding whenever Rhaenyra was left with her thoughts for too long, though Malkym and his brothers tried to remedy that, keeping her laughing.