XXVII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | Daggers

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

"𝖄ou will scar." Malkym stood behind his wife, letting her cling onto his hand as the Maester sewed the gash closed. Luke was still in his arms, now fast asleep and clinging to his father, whilst Jace leant against his leg, grimacing in pain each time his mother hissed. "The wound will heal. Valyrian steel cuts clean."

"The boys?" Malkym questioned softly.

"Broken nose is the worst." The maester replied, as Malkym rocked Luke once more, soothing his hair.

"Thank you, Maester. Leave us." Rhaenyra commanded, waving her hand before turning to look at the boys. "You two as well. You've already found enough trouble today."

Malkym gently woke Luke up, placing him down onto the floor with his brother. He was yawning, eyes closed in a bleary sort of manner.

"Straight back to your rooms, no detours, no going to see the dragons. Rooms, bathe and into bed." Malkym followed up on their mother's words, patting them on the head and sending them on their way quickly. 

They both nodded, yawning widely as a nursemaid came to help them to their room. Malkym watched until they were out of the door, before turning so that he could sit opposite his wife and press a swift kiss to her hand.

"I should have been there." He shook his head. "I should have kept an eye on them. I had a bad feeling about all of this and—"

"You did not know." Rhaenyra cut him off.

"Even so-"

"You did not know, Malkym. Now, at least the rumours of our sons being bastards is cleared." Rhaenyra smiled, her hand coming to rest on his cheek. "They will have no more comments, no more glares, none of that."

"That I am happy for." Malkym nodded, knowing that at least now his boys would be safe. "We raised them well, to defend their cousins and their honour. I am proud of them, even if Alicent's spawn broke Luke's nose."

"You cannot say spawn." Malkym pulled a face of non-committal agreement. "Malkym, you cannot say spawn."

He changed the subject swiftly.

"We should focus now on preparing for your ascension to the throne." Malkym smiled at his wife. "For you to become Queen of the Seven Kingdoms."

"Thank you, my love." Rhaenyra stood, standing in between Malkym's legs as she leant down to kiss him swiftly. He caught her before she could walk off, pulling her back to kiss her again.