XVII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Weddings

{ Rhaenyra }

✧✦✧

"𝕴t is with great pleasure that his Grace, Viserys Targaryen, announces the start of the Royal Wedding Celebrations." Rhaenyra shuffled in her seat, fighting a smile as she tried to hold onto her image of a passive and calm princess. Inside, her stomach was twisting as she watched the courtiers fill the hall, waiting for Malkym to appear so that this could finally start.

After three years of being betrothed, the week of their wedding and wedding celebrations had finally arrived. After three years of waiting, pining glances, hidden kisses and feelings, they were finally to be married. After three years of being on her own, Rhaenyra would have someone by her side to support her. She would have a family again.

She fiddled with the necklace that was nestled between her collarbones, one of silver and rubies with a pale white diamond in the centre. It had been gifted to Myra when she married Malkym's father, Kieran, and now she gifted it to Rhaenyra, so the girl had a piece of the Thorne family with her. Rubies glinted in the girl's hair, silver rings twinkling on her finger and ruby earrings in her ears. She still kept the pressed lily pinned to the white of her dress, knowing that her mother would wish to see her daughter married.

Lords and ladies filled up the hall, including major houses from all over the south; Lannisters, Velaryons, Strongs. But no matter who came to bow at the dais and wish her well on her marriage, Rhaenyra only looked for one group of people. The Thorne's.

Rhaenyra just wished that this would all hurry up.

"Congratulations, Your Grace." Jason Lannister's voice filled her ears, grating at every nerve in her body as Rhaenyra fought a scowl and focused back on the scene in front of her. "You have made a fine match for the Princess."

"Thank you, Lord Jason." She forced a smile to her face, not daring to comment that she was the one who had decided and made the match, her father had only approved of it. "I can think of no better man than Lord Malkym."

Jason Lannister scoffed at that, his ego still bruised.

"Well, if this is only the welcome feast, I admit, I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding."

"Well, my daughter is the future queen." Viserys sent his daughter a warm look, squeezing her hand. "I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories."

"Where is the queen?" Lord Jason ignored Viserys' comment to ask for Alicent's whereabouts as she was notably missing. "I had hoped to pay my respects."