XXIV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Home

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

𝕲etting used to being back at Alterwoode after months away took a little getting used to. The boys needed time to adjust to their training with their cousins whilst Rhaenyra and Malkym had to get used to having support and help from others that they could trust, something that had been sorely missing in King's Landing.

The seven cousins were now often found either playing, training or collapsed in a heap because the excitement of being back with each other once again would make all of them extra sleepy. Myra found it amusing, knowing that it was exactly how Malkym, Calym and Michayl used to behave.

The dragons had returned to the Dragon Pit at Alterwoode, and Syrax was more than happy to be back once more. She was often found romping through her favourite hunting grounds, teaching the younger dragons how and where to hunt.

Malkym had also found that his wife was far more content than she had been in a few months. Rhaenyra was more at ease and comfortable at home, a smile back on her face as she laughed with the other wives of the Thorne siblings. Malkym had often found her giggling as she told stories of dragons long dead to the children, rocking Camryn in her arms.

"You are far happier now." Was all he told his wife one morning. She had one violet eye blearily opened, staring up at him warmly. "I adore it."

Rhaenyra had not responded, just squeezed his hand a little tighter and burrowed into him a little further.

"If you keep staring at your wife, you will get stabbed." Malkym tore his eyes away from his wife's smile, ducking under an incoming stroke, to turn and bat his brothers away with ease. Calym cursed at his eldest brother, who (despite being distracted) had still managed to dodge the blow. "Gods above, even when distracted you are still a good fighter. It is not fair."

"You will never be able to catch me off guard."

"You have to get him completely focused on something else." Michayl suggested. "For example, if Rhaenyra waves at him, we will be able to win. He can not focus on anything other than her most of the time."

"She is my wife, I expect you are the same."

"Oh, absolutely." Calym nodded. "Except when I am sparring with my older brother. The desire to beat you grows each time we fight."

"Yet you never will." Malkym goaded. "Because you two are not strong enough."

"Says the shortest of us all." Michayl spat back, their blades clashing against each other in a whirl of sparks and swirling metal. "Someone will beat you one of these days, Malkym."